kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Calling it moderate would indicate the $30m budget claim is the true one. 

It didn't get any noms for the Gotham Independent Spirit Awards (budgets need to be under $20m) and one would think JLaw would get a nom if nothing else if she was eligible.

You could be right, and maybe the post-effects did add up to more than that.  But doesn't Gotham consider source of funding and first break type of stuff? I think Paramount financed it, and it wouldn't give Jen a 'first big break' she wouldn't otherwise have, if those are things Gothams considers.

But after reading about how elaborate, yet invisible, a lot of the effects were, I find it increasingly possible the budget was over $20M.  Not for salaries, but for that.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, trifle said:

You could be right, and maybe the post-effects did add up to more than that.  But doesn't Gotham consider source of funding and first break type of stuff? I think Paramount financed it, and it wouldn't give Jen a 'first big break' she wouldn't otherwise have, if those are things Gothams considers.

But after reading about how elaborate, yet invisible, a lot of the effects were, I find it increasingly possible the budget was over $20M.  Not for salaries, but for that.

There are Best Actress and Best Actor categories which include Soarise Ronan, Margot Robbie, Willem DeFoe, Adam Sandler & James Franco.

Get Out, AFAIK is major studio funded and nominated for Best Film.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

There are Best Actress and Best Actor categories which include Soarise Ronan, Margot Robbie, Willem DeFoe, Adam Sandler & James Franco.

Get Out, AFAIK is major studio funded and nominated for Best Film.

...so that would be a no? :sweat:

thanks, I didn't know.

Aronofsky told about how Jlaw was learning the dance between her and Libatique super quickly, knowing exactly at each moment where she was supposed to be so the scene would work as far as framing and lighting.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The film closed on Thursday October 26th. With a $17.8 million total. 

It closed already? Damn. Release dat Blu-Ray a month ahead of schedule plz

47 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ah yes. a little more than my opening weekend prediction that Han told me was far too low. very good.

It is still too low in my heart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The movie suffered the same fate as the main character, bruised and battered but this sacrifice will not be in vain.

ah yes, i see the comparison. soon to be replaced by another try hard auteur flick that's made exclusively for the thinkpiece crowd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've yet to see him post anything about the movie's quality. Just take the L on this one and accept JLaw made a movie you hate, Futurist.

If you like Jen's acting you can't possibly 'hate' this movie. She gave a performance of a lifetime.  And the movie wasn't exactly meant to be 'enjoyed' but 'appreciated'.  I more than enjoyed the performances and the cinematography and 'appreciated' the film.

And I am really glad it is part of her filmography.  

If you go back to my early posts, I was never talking about this being a box office hit, but I am glad she made it, and if you've seen it, you know why.