kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

The most astonishing & unique piece of acting of the decade won't be discussed & get ignored this award season.

Talk about being clueless about our Atlanta parking lots.

In Baby Driver, Ansel Elgort puts to shame all these highly trained ack-tors and ack-tresses, they aren't able to go there, to that raw, naked emotion like this.

The Hanks and Day Lewiss and Garys and Roberts and Denzels of the world are all great actors, cute and all but it is a bit vulgar & unfair to compare them to what Ansel Elgort does in Baby Driver.

In this movie, he is transcendant, in his own dimension of human expression.

He does what I always knew he was able to do when I discovered him in The Fault in Our Stars back in June 2014. 

From loving, caring & scared driver to raging, helpless & fighting  Jon Hamm and everything in between,

he literally  embodies :

the root of all things & emotions,

the Beginning & the End,

the Human Condition at large,

our dying & giving Atlanta streets, crying in despair for help in agony,

& finally,

the 3,5 Billion beautiful Subaru factories who all gave us Life and deserve our utmost respect, now and forever.

When a metaphor truly comes to life on Celluloid for the first time in the History of movies.

Take a bow everyone, for the boy from Manhattan, the One and only :

:worthy::worthy:Ansel Elgort.:worthy::worthy:

:shades:

this is our new mods folks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

...which was not a good movie.

Good reception:

On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 89% based on 53 reviews, with an average rating of 7.8/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "First They Killed My Father tackles its subject matter with grace, skill, and empathy, offering a ground-level look at historic atrocities that resonates beyond its story's borders."[11] Metacritic, another review aggregator, assigned the film a weighted average score of 72 out of 100, based on 21 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[12]

Story with a lot of narrative to talk about.

And Jolie is maybe the biggest star in term of director with Spielberg, not surprising she can get into those roundtables.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Good reception:

On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 89% based on 53 reviews, with an average rating of 7.8/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "First They Killed My Father tackles its subject matter with grace, skill, and empathy, offering a ground-level look at historic atrocities that resonates beyond its story's borders."[11] Metacritic, another review aggregator, assigned the film a weighted average score of 72 out of 100, based on 21 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[12]

Story with a lot of narrative to talk about.

And Jolie is maybe the biggest star in term of director with Spielberg, not surprising she can get into those roundtables.

I was just saying what I thought on the movie dude :lol:.  No need to respond with statistics about its reception.

• Like 1

On 2017-11-08 at 9:39 AM, aabattery said:

The most astonishing & unique piece of acting of the decade won't be discussed & get ignored this award season.

Talk about being clueless about our Atlanta parking lots.

In Baby Driver, Ansel Elgort puts to shame all these highly trained ack-tors and ack-tresses, they aren't able to go there, to that raw, naked emotion like this.

The Hanks and Day Lewiss and Garys and Roberts and Denzels of the world are all great actors, cute and all but it is a bit vulgar & unfair to compare them to what Ansel Elgort does in Baby Driver.

In this movie, he is transcendant, in his own dimension of human expression.

He does what I always knew he was able to do when I discovered him in The Fault in Our Stars back in June 2014. 

From loving, caring & scared driver to raging, helpless & fighting  Jon Hamm and everything in between,

he literally  embodies :

the root of all things & emotions,

the Beginning & the End,

the Human Condition at large,

our dying & giving Atlanta streets, crying in despair for help in agony,

& finally,

the 3,5 Billion beautiful Subaru factories who all gave us Life and deserve our utmost respect, now and forever.

When a metaphor truly comes to life on Celluloid for the first time in the History of movies.

Take a bow everyone, for the boy from Manhattan, the One and only :

:worthy::worthy:Ansel Elgort.:worthy::worthy:

:shades:

:puke::puke::puke:

• Haha 1

The roundtables usually have at least one person who ends up falling through the cracks because these things are set up well in advance. Like I remember Ben Stiller on this roundtable a few years back when The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (which had Oscar buzz after footage was shown at Cinemacon) was coming out and by the time it was announced, the film had already gotten a mixed critical reception at NYFF and fallen out of the race.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:20 PM, Webslinger said:

Oh, to live in a world where the Academy isn't going to completely forget about Detroit and mother! in awards season. -_-

(Sorry in advance to Han.)

Theyre not gonna forget mother!.  They're gonna deny it cause of the response.

They are gonna forget Detroit.

• Like 1