kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

7 hours ago, Harley said:

$13 million budget includes all this promotion? 

Never included.

6 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

that wouldnt be great at all given all the hype it has

? That estimate is made using the relative hype it currently has, it was talked about 50% of American Assassin, ask 100 random people on the street if they are considering watching the next Arofonsky movie mother! in theater and I'm not sure you will consider after that, that it is an hyped movie. That number is because the movie does not have much hype, they spent like 5m on domestic tv budget marketing without any high concept hook they can sell to an audience.

2 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

jlaws salary must have taken a tumble after all those flops

Are you again using flops in your unique personal sense ? 

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

It wouldn't surprise me if its current budget was up to 50m including promotion. 

I really doubt it, last I saw they had a total of $4M+ in TV buys, they are doing very low budget stuff to raise awareness, imho.  And they clearly don't expect blockbuster results.  They are repeatedly saying 'this movie won't be for everyone - it is very intense'.

2 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

jlaws salary must have taken a tumble after all those flops

1 hour ago, Kingp0va said:

passengers, joy, serena and the underperforming x men movie

She has always taken less money for passion projects though, and switches them up with commercial fare. 

Passengers made $300M+ worldwide on a $110M budget, as a panned original property.  It is doing VERY well in the after market.  It definitely made money, and given it is an original property that was panned, the only reason there can be for that is the actors. That actually proves Jen and Pratt ARE draws.   Jen clearly did her part in Joy, (hence the Oscar nomination.) ...

But Barnack answered this better, so...

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Never included.

? That estimate is made using the relative hype it currently has, it was talked about 50% of American Assassin, ask 100 random people on the street if they are considering watching the next Arofonsky movie mother! in theater and I'm not sure you will consider after that, that it is an hyper movie. That number is because the movie does not have much hype, they spent like 5m on domestic tv budget marketing without any high concept hook they can sell to an audience.

Are you again using flops in your unique personal sense ? 

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, trifle said:

It seems that there are more pig's hearts out there to be found people!!

Although, I think the thing holding the key is different each time.  There may be some repetition.  Then you go to the locker the key fits and there are passes to the premiere there.

Clearly, you have to really want them. 

41 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

And he likes a lot of Jen's stuff, too.

Anyhow, I'm now torn on whether to get tickets to the previews Thursday night so I can watch reactions instead of continuing to duck spoilers, or wait until the screening Aronofsky will be holding a Q &A after.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@trifle go to the Aronofsky screening. The audience there will probably be much more respectful :lol: 

I don't need them to be respectful, I just don't want to be completely spoiled....  We already have tickets to the Aronofsky one, it is a question of whether I should be proactive and see it Thursday night, as well...

I see a BOT emoji in the works!

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Part of me thinks Aronofsky is trolling critics. Like he intentionally made a crap movie, presents it as art and laughs as critics fall over themselves for it.

Aronofsky is no stranger to controversy, he's not the guy critics usually fawn over. He has many fans but also a lot of detractors since requiem for a dream became a "notorious" movie at Cannes. Mother! is no different critical reception-wise than most of his movies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trifle said:

Ooooooookay.....

https://twitter.com/MotherMovie/status/906943129030336513

The reactions on twitter are mostly positive, but people who hate it might just not be tweeting (a couple did but not many that I saw). Let's see what RT looks like tomorrow...

I love that clip/thngie.

Is that the first time it's been shown?

OMG...I cannot wait to see this...it's been a titanic task to avoid spoilers, but I am good and ready for the film.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I love that clip/thngie.

Is that the first time it's been shown?

OMG...I cannot wait to see this...it's been a titanic task to avoid spoilers, but I am good and ready for the film.

Yes, this is the first time it has been seen. The clips were from either the trailers or the posters but this puts them together  in a different way.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

@trifle go to the Aronofsky's screening, stay the f...k away from social media for 2 days. It's not that hard. 

Except it will be two days full of first reactions to the movie.... :sadben:

I know, I know.... I probably will do that.  I have been sticking strictly to my timeline which doesn't have spoilers in it, since Venice.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1