kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

14 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Speaking of which, any news about that Amy Schumer/Jlaw collab comedy?

Was that shelved? Did they quietly move on?

They say they are still planning it but it doesn't have a directer last I heard so I don't know if it will be very soon.

also @Cochofles and @WrathOfHanhere is more information about the posters:

What happens when you task 12 artists with translating Darren Aronofsky's latest film into works of art? The 12 gorgeous pieces of artwork that IGN can exclusively debut below.

In preparation for the upcoming release of mother!, Paramount worked with a group of artists from around the world to create the custom images featured below. Each artist was given the audio from the first trailer as inspiration, which makes it especially interesting when you see the themes that reappear in many of the works of art.

all TWELVE are at that link in the tweet.

cesar-andret-bisbicuth-1505193885755.jpg

veronika-neto-1505193885770.jpg

etc

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Mother ! show them you are the mother of horror films in this year, let alone this month! show IT to them !  TAKE THE DAMN NO.1 WEEKEND SPOT !

Yeah, I am sure that It will drop 88 % this coming weekend, and lose the # 1 spot to mother! 's 15-20 million OW... :rofl:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Mother ! show them you are the mother of horror films in this year, let alone this month! show IT to them !  TAKE THE DAMN NO.1 WEEKEND SPOT !

I love your enthusiasm!

.....but I would not hold my breath....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

She doesn't explicitly state her opinion on them :lol: 

she has before, but was mostly kidding anyway, so calm yourself down.  get upset Friday afternoon when the first numbers start to show up ;) 

20 minutes ago, trifle said:

Also, @Cochofles it turns out they do have a director (Jen and Amy for their movie) so they just have to schedule the filming. 

Yay!!!

And Jennifer co-wrote it with Amy and her sis, eh? Interesting.

I am very intrigued; I am dying to see how their real-life chemistry works on screen.

Hopefully, it will be a major studio picture that gets a solid marketing push.

Amy and Jennifer together in a potentially crowd-pleasing, high-concept comedy could lead to big bucks at the box office.

• Like 2

My Jlaw dream collaborations would be Jlaw-Emma Stone for actresses and Jlaw-Di-Cap for actors & James Cameron for director.

Then, Sofia Boutella for a lesbian sex scene that would make Charlize Theron blush.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

UK critics are predicting how bad the Friday to Saturday drop will be on Twitter. 

:lol:

I've said from the start that Paramount will be punished for falsely advertising this as a straight horror. 

What exactly do you mean by this?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

UK critics are predicting how bad the Friday to Saturday drop will be on Twitter. 

:lol:

I've said from the start that Paramount will be punished for falsely advertising this as a straight horror. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What exactly do you mean by this?

Yeah, I think the closest they came to 'marketing it as straight horror', given that they call it a psychological thriller, is attaching a trailer to IT, hoping that crowd would like this too. Some will, some won't, I expect.

I'll be interested in the drop as well.  I am thinking the word that this is very intense and visceral and not for everyone will have gotten out there, and will both limit initial numbers and restrain the drop -- but I really don't have a clue how it will go.