kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

4 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Now it's 81 on MC and 87 on RT

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Crumbling. :ph34r:

No, divisive.  People will love it or hate it, so they say. And from the number of 100% reviews this early that seems about right.

I guess wearing cobwebs works for dressing for a funeral...

Edited by trifle

45 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The new trailer is bonkers.

So... the baby is the antichrist? It can't be that obvious, right?

yeah, no....

Anyway - absolute cinematic insanity.

Aronofsky is at the top of his game technically. gorgeous visually, the way the sound is done is amazing (he's not afraid to move focal points around a lot), making that feeling of gorgeous claustrophobia. and it's a rollercoaster. it's an experience movie like Dunkirk, it builds and builds and builds to an insane crescendo.

The thing about this film is that it will mean so many things to so many people. i took it as a commentary on the creative process and fandom with some supernatural elements and biblical references, and only now starting to get the wider biblical metaphor, if it exists. but, it's PACKED to the brim, will take a lot of time to digest, but it's such a raw and visceral experience too.

Performances are great from everyone, but it's not an acting showcase. yes I know so many of you were hoping for this to be one for awards season - well tough luck.

Go see it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, antovolk said:

yeah, no....

Anyway - absolute cinematic insanity.

Aronofsky is at the top of his game technically. gorgeous visually, the way the sound is done is amazing (he's not afraid to move focal points around a lot), making that feeling of gorgeous claustrophobia. and it's a rollercoaster. it's an experience movie like Dunkirk, it builds and builds and builds to an insane crescendo.

The thing about this film is that it will mean so many things to so many people. i took it as a commentary on the creative process and fandom with some supernatural elements and biblical references, and only now starting to get the wider biblical metaphor, if it exists. but, it's PACKED to the brim, will take a lot of time to digest, but it's such a raw and visceral experience too.

Performances are great from everyone, but it's not an acting showcase. yes I know so many of you were hoping for this to be one for awards season - well tough luck.

Go see it.

How intense is it ?

More than Requiem for a Dream ?

With what other movie you could compare mother! with ?

Thx for your review.

• Like 1