Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I will never consider myself a member of such an obnoxious and immature community... regardless of the quality of future DC movies (which I will enjoy if they're good).

Every community has their shitty people and their good people. Don't let yourself (or any group) be defined by the assholes. If you love DC, consider yourself a DC fan and represent that as best you can.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Do you not see how hilarious that is? That one movie studio has now made 13 films in a row, all fresh? That doesn't seem a little off?

Nah, even Marvel's weakest film, Iron Man 2, is passable. :)

• Like 3

I was looking forward to seeing Batman v Superman even after the bad reviews came in and despite not even liking Man of Steel and still came away from the movie heavily disappointed. I know blaming Snyder has become the cool thing to do but...yeah, even though I think he has strengths as a filmmaker, I blame him. But mostly I just blame WB for hiring him in the first place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

All I want to say on this subject is that I was actually hyped up for BvS about 1 month ago, looking very forward to it.

Then the movie came out and the reviews along with it. I was sad at first, I really wanted it to be good, I had my Thursday night ticket ready. And then some DC fans revealed their true colors, and others went along with it. And now it's a shitshow.

I will never consider myself a member of such an obnoxious and immature community... regardless of the quality of future DC movies (which I will enjoy if they're good).

Sorry.

That being said, I hope Suicide Squad performs well, and is received well. That would be a win for everyone.

In each and every single community you will find immature people. I have been victim to Marvel fans slagging me just for stating my excitement for BvS as if it's forbidden. So , it's really unbecoming to describe the whole DC community and bash it like that. We have so many respectable members that way outnumber the immature section ( which is present in every single fan-base)

So let's not turn this into "bashing DC fans thread"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Do you not see how hilarious that is? That one movie studio has now made 13 films in a row, all fresh? That doesn't seem a little off?

Well, it's not impossible, nor has a studio put out a long stretch of films that are well received. 11 from Pixar. WDAS has had 9 straight critical successes in a row. They have good long stretches throughout their history. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

Well, it's not impossible, nor has a studio put out a long stretch of films that are well received. 11 from Pixar. WDAS has had 9 straight critical successes in a row. They have good long stretches throughout their history. 

Pixar has 15/16 fresh, and they're regarded as probably the best studio of all time. And even then you could argue two more of those 16 should be rotten.

3 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

In each and every single community ou will find immature people. I have been victim to Marvel fans slagging me just for stating my excitement for BvS as if it's forbidden. So , it's really unbecoming to describe the whole DC community and bash it like that. We have so many respectable members that way outnumber the immature section ( which is present in every single fan-base)

So let's not turn this into "bashing DC fans thread"

I beg to differ but half a year lurking at this forum and shh forum, I found that dc fan way bigger than marvel counterpart.

Lets do a vote to see how many ppl are dc or marvel fans. I bet u dc will outnumber marvel

Its just ga prefer marvel than dc that makes it look like marvel have bigger fanbase. But ga preference over marvel is deserved

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Pixar has 15/16 fresh, and they're regarded as probably the best studio of all time. And even then you could argue two more of those 16 should be rotten.

Maybe, but I was more or less talking about their string from Toy Story to Toy Story 3.

And I'd still put Disney Animation above Pixar, as far as just being historically better.

1 minute ago, brownies said:

I beg to differ but half a year lurking at this forum and shh forum, I found that dc fan way bigger than marvel counterpart.

Lets do a vote to see how many ppl are dc or marvel fans. I bet u dc will outnumber marvel

Its just ga prefer marvel than dc that makes it look like marvel have bigger fanbase. But ga preference over marvel is deserved

I think you're misunderstanding my post , I don't care who has the bigger fan-base, it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to prove. I was saying DC fans are mostly respectable people with few immature fans that are loud and whiny ( which the case for most communities on the internet )

How is it hard to believe that Marvel, who has had Feige from the beginning, overseeing it all, is really consistent?

He's the key to all of this.  With one person in charge, that has a vision such as he does, it help out quite a lot.  No, I don't think they've all been winners at all, but they are on quite the roll.

It also helps when the person in charge knows and cares about all the characters.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

How is it hard to believe that Marvel, who has had Feige from the beginning, overseeing it all, is really consistent?

He's the key to all of this.  With one person in charge, that has a vision such as he does, it help out quite a lot.  No, I don't think they've all been winners at all, but they are on quite the roll.

It also helps when the person in charge knows and cares about all the characters.  

He's got a vision -- for a ton of mediocre movies, with a couple good ones mixed in here and there. :)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Rallax said:

I am pretty sure Marvel took the Pixar approach. where it is a whole team making a movie. Not just a director/writer. 

Marvel don't get it right all the time. Agents of Shield stumbled out of the gate, it's improved but aside from the Netflix Marvel series, WB/DC has a better track record with television, animation and games, it's just films they have issues with. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

He's got a vision -- for a ton of mediocre movies, with a couple good ones mixed in here and there. :)

Hey, I realize they aren't for everyone and maybe the homogenized feel prevents any one film from truly standing out.  But, they're in a rhythm right now that is right in my wheelhouse.  

• Like 2