Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Oh, so this is where you can dump poison into the well freely? 

Hmm, I feel particularly mischievous and in a stirry mood today so

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02a.gif?w=6

chris-hemsworth-marvel-vs-dc-02b.gif?w=6

:ph34r:

Eh, that's all I got. Peace out then. 

The DCU has a rivalry with shield on which one is  worst. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sure. But I don't see the point of Nolan vs. MCU. I don't bring up Raimi's Spiderman vs. DCEU. It's in the past.  There is a new Batman and a new Spiderman now. 

It's the whole of DC VS Marvel , there is a point in bringing anything from now and the past.

• Community Manager
Just now, Emerald kikyou said:

It's the whole of DC VS Marvel , there is a point in bringing anything from now and the past.

That's not the point. I didn't say "marvel vs nolan". I said "MCU vs.  Nolan".  

Blade helped develop an interest in Marvel movies but X-Men's success lead on to Spider-Man which was even more successful.

As much as Feige and fans might want X-Men in the MCU, I personally think they work fine on their own universe. The Fantastic Four which I think Fox would be more willing to give up the rights would be a better fit in the MCU

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Blade helped develop an interest in Marvel movies but X-Men's success lead on to Spider-Man which was even more successful.

As much as Feige and fans might want X-Men in the MCU, I personally think they work fine on their own universe. The Fantastic Four which I think Fox would be more willing to give up the rights would be a better fit in the MCU

Speaking as a MCU fan, I don't want the X-Men to be a part of it. Even in the comics the X-Men stuff and everything else coexisting is kind of wonky.

Woulda been cool to have Jackman's Wolverine in one of the Avengers, though.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Only because the present is so hilariously lopsided.

The present has only two movies ,I actually loved BvS but disliked MOS. And no , I have no problem with the present ( even when I was disappointed with some things ) and I'm looking forward to what comes next. These characters will outlive directors , writers and proved to stand the test of time. They are the first superheros and I will always care about their past , present and future. Just because I brought the past does not mean I'm hiding from the present no matter how much you'd like to think so :rolleyes:

Edited by Emerald kikyou

4 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Speaking as a MCU fan, I don't want the X-Men to be a part of it. Even in the comics the X-Men stuff and everything else coexisting is kind of wonky.

Hand of the Marvel card. 

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Yeah, I mean, in theory I could understand why people would hate mutants, but love the Avengers, seeing as Mutants are a different species.  However, how would the general public (in the comics) know who is a mutant and who is a mutate?  Doesn't make sense. 

1 minute ago, AaronL said:

Yeah, I mean, in theory I could understand why people would hate mutants, but love the Avengers, seeing as Mutants are a different species.  However, how would the general public (in the comics) know who is a mutant and who is a mutate?  Doesn't make sense.

Yet, we're going to see Marvel do that with the Inhumans. So they're still going in that direction, but substituting the Inhumans for the X-Men.

46 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

He's got a vision -- for a ton of mediocre movies, with a couple good ones mixed in here and there. :)

If it's so easy to have a critically and financially successful cinematic universe than why do most fail?

And Sony, WB, and Fox have put out close to ten superhero movies each.

How many have over 89% on RT, cause King Feige is going on five.

How many have made over 1.3 billion WW? King Feige is going on four.

Marvel Studios is more successful than most major studios. Sony, Paramount, and WB would kill for Marvel Studio's current portfolio.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

If it's so easy to have a critically and financially successful cinematic universe than why do most fail?

I never said it was easy, just that Marvel's chosen to go a very bland route, IMO. Nothing wrong with that, of course, and I understand some may feel differently than me.

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Yet, we're going to see Marvel do that with the Inhumans. So they're still going in that direction, but substituting the Inhumans for the X-Men.

Going to do that? They already did. 

Haven't Marvel treated the X-Men comics poorly despite the fact it's their best selling line. Apart from Wolverine, we've not seen any X-Men in any Marvel related animated series and games either.

I don't really blame WB for focusing on Batman and Superman as that's the best selling superheroes they own, I suspect if Marvel had the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man then they would have taken priority over Iron Man, Thor etc the fact they didn't was actually a good thing.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Haven't Marvel treated the X-Men comics poorly despite the fact it's their best selling line. Apart from Wolverine, we've not seen any X-Men in any Marvel related animated series and games either.

I don't really blame WB for focusing on Batman and Superman as that's the best selling superheroes they own, I suspect if Marvel had the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man then they would have taken priority over Iron Man, Thor etc the fact they didn't was actually a good thing.

Need is the mother of invention :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I never said it was easy, just that Marvel's chosen to go a very bland route, IMO. Nothing wrong with that, of course, and I understand some may feel differently than me.

Thor the Dark World really suffered from playing it safe. 

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Going to do that? They already did. 

Yep, at least on tv. The problem is that they aren't nearly as interesting as the X-Men and sometimes even come close to seeming like a X-Men rip-off. They're just too similar and yet lack all the mythology of the X-Men.

I say all this as a big fan of Agents of SHIELD; one of my favorite tv shows at the moment.

Edited by Arlborn