Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

BvS was written like a drama. Most stupid people write dramas. They even hired one. He's some fool from Harvard who got some MLitt at Cambridge. His writing. So bad. He just wrote bad stuff and dumb DC fans think it's art. I don't think Cambridge people know what art is. All he's done is write the Argo screenplay which somehow won an Academy Award. But you know what? The Academy has really bad taste, so that award shouldn't count. Why does the Academy have bad taste? They've awarded WB, the numnuts behind BvS, 20+ Best Movie Awards. You know how many they've given to Disney? None! Those idiots don't have the internet, or something. If they just looked at Rotten Tomatoes, they could see only Disney has Red Tomatoes this year AND every Marvel movie is a Red Tomato! This year, if somehow junk movies like Sing Street get nominated from Oscars, and not Captain America Civil War, I will cry and boycott those dumb people. Disney just made 4 billion dollars. That should make dumb Oscar judges rethink what is good and what is not. Civil War writers are the best. They wrote Pain & Gain! /s

Edited by UrosepsisFace

Also, Jeremy Irons hated BvS according to the DailyMail (a reputable source).

WB tried to bamboozle us w/ CGI Jeremy Irons in this interview back in February:

3:32

Ben Affleck extraordinary? 

Zack Snyder fantastic vision?

You'll want to see the movie over and over again?

Really CGI Jeremy Irons? Really? If Daily Mail had a video, we'd see the real guy speak some truth!

12 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

BvS was written like a drama. Most stupid people write dramas. They even hired one. He's some fool from Harvard who got some MLitt at Cambridge. His writing. So bad. He just wrote bad stuff and dumb DC fans think it's art. I don't think Cambridge people know what art is. All he's done is write the Argo screenplay which somehow won an Academy Award. But you know what? The Academy has really bad taste, so that award shouldn't count. Why does the Academy have bad taste? They've awarded WB, the numnuts behind BvS, 20+ Best Movie Awards. You know how many they've given to Disney? None! Those idiots don't have the internet, or something. If they just looked at Rotten Tomatoes, they could see only Disney has Red Tomatoes this year AND every Marvel movie is a Red Tomato! This year, if somehow junk movies like Sing Street get nominated from Oscars, and not Captain America Civil War, I will cry and boycott those dumb people. Disney just made 4 billion dollars. That should make dumb Oscar judges rethink what is good and what is not. Civil War writers are the best. They wrote Pain & Gain!

what

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

This thread has brought out the crazies. Time to back away slowly and forget this thing exists.

It would've died if some asshole didn't keep bringing it back cause he feels the need to lash out against all the bad WB/DC news.

I thought every super hero movie this year brought something positive and were worth my money.

Deadpool: awesome style, R-humor, A- lvl action, nudity, CBM violence on a new lvl, strong CGI

BvS: strongest script, deeper meaning and structure, 80s/90s styling, A- lvl action, strong cast, strong comic influence

CW: A+++ action, best CGI, family-humor, best spectacle

X-Men: A- lvl action, best acting from leads, strong comic influence, strong CGI, second best script

What all 4 failed at: cool looking villain. I'm not too sure which to pick from for the best. Ugly Doomsday or Ugly Apoc?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

BvS was written like a drama. Most stupid people write dramas. They even hired one. He's some fool from Harvard who got some MLitt at Cambridge. His writing. So bad. He just wrote bad stuff and dumb DC fans think it's art. I don't think Cambridge people know what art is. All he's done is write the Argo screenplay which somehow won an Academy Award. But you know what? The Academy has really bad taste, so that award shouldn't count. Why does the Academy have bad taste? They've awarded WB, the numnuts behind BvS, 20+ Best Movie Awards. You know how many they've given to Disney? None! Those idiots don't have the internet, or something. If they just looked at Rotten Tomatoes, they could see only Disney has Red Tomatoes this year AND every Marvel movie is a Red Tomato! This year, if somehow junk movies like Sing Street get nominated from Oscars, and not Captain America Civil War, I will cry and boycott those dumb people. Disney just made 4 billion dollars. That should make dumb Oscar judges rethink what is good and what is not. Civil War writers are the best. They wrote Pain & Gain! /s

Drugs are bad!! Mmmkay?

DC hasn't been able to do an earnest superhero movie since Superman Returns.

They don't believe in the genre and its characters.

They are all about the "transcending the genre" bullshit.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

DC hasn't been able to do an earnest superheoro movie since Superman Returns.

I disagree with that. Their characters are very flexible. I would have preferred Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman over John Byrne's Man of Steel, but neither way is doing a disservice to the character or fans of the character. Either way would have been at least partially divisive because the fans of one version would be upset. This has always been a DC thing. As early as the mid 80s, old-school DC fans were upset w/ Crisis. Early 90s, the Giffen bwahahahaha League fans hated Morrison's JLA. Waid's Wally West fans didn't appreciate some of the dark-nature of Geoff John's turn-of-the-Century DCU. So on and so forth. And it's transcending the genre bullshit that brought about some of the greatest DC works, including Vertigo. I like that the directors are given a chance to do what they can, whether it be a standard super hero film or not. I'm hoping Marvel's Dr. Strange does the same.

2 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

To say "the public knows the difference between Captain America movies and Avengers movies" and then say "the public doesn't know the difference between the vs films" is so unbelievably hilarious. Keep on defending that hill!

Kinda the opposite of what I said.   The public certainly knows how to read.   And the title says "Captain America".   Beyond that you will have varying levels of knowledge about the movie, but it starts with the title that everyone reads and gets an impression from.   The title has more impact BECAUSE the public does not have the same level of knowledge about the various properties that we do.    The second thing the public knows about the movie is the "vs" part.    They know that about both BvS and CW.    Every genre movie effects the market for that genre.    A bad genre movie can have a negative or positive effect on the market.....not hard to guess which effect BvS had.

The real silly thing is making a prediction about what the movie is going to make...basing it on the concept that the public thinks it's an Avengers movie...and then when the numbers don't support your concept pointing a finger at the movie as the culprit for your failed prediction.   The movie certainly was not the problem going by audience critics reaction.   Pretty evident the public did not see CW as an Avengers movie.

2 hours ago, Hangman said:

These reason why CW isn't a A+ movie for me is because there were a lot of boring parts to it. I never found X-Men, DP, or BvS boring. BvS had a bunch of stupid, poorly written, bad, etc. moments, but it wasn't boring like a lot of CW. Plus CW had annoying shaky-cam.

But CW had the airport scene which is probably the greatest super hero scene ever so it makes up for some of it.

I'm with you on the shaky cam.   That needs to die now and be relegated to the dustbin of history in the "stupid movie gimmicks" section.

And I kind of get how some would find parts of CW boring too.   I loved things like Cap at Peggy's funeral, but I could see the general audience shifting in their seats during that part.    I don't think it would be worth losing things like that to make it more entertaining for the GA personally though.

57 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

DC hasn't been able to do an earnest superhero movie since Superman Returns.

It is kinda hard to make a good genre film when you are trying to avoid it.