Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think to make Thanos a legitimate threat he needs to drop some bodies.

This.

One of the original 6 Avengers would be enough to make him a legitimate threat, engage the audience, and give enough gravitas to the story.

I say Cap. He's 100 years old anyway :ph34r:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This.

One of the original 6 Avengers would be enough to make him a legitimate threat, engage the audience, and give enough gravitas to the story.

I say Cap. He's 100 years old anyway :ph34r:

:ban:

Anyway...

Markus and McFeely just gave yet another interview on killing off characters.  They think it's lazy way to raise stakes and import consequence.  I agree.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

In terms of comics, DC is definitely more praised by critics and has won more awards than any other publisher.

7. Publisher bragging rights go to DC Comics, which has published the most Eisner-winning comics and creators, with a staggering 250. Seventy-one of those are from Vertigo, and 33 from the discontinued WildStorm (which includes 23 from the America’s Best Comics line). Even excluding the Kirbys, DC is more than 100 trophies ahead of the next publisher on the list.

http://www.cbr.com/25-years-of-the-eisner-awards/

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

iKkgKT4.gif

oh-yes.gif

They're in the stratosphere, Marvel on Netflix is in the ionosphere. In fact, I've been looking more forward to Luke Cage (and previously Daredevil Season 2) than any of the big budget movies or the season premieres of the network shows.

20 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

ftfy

Studio and "friends" responses are about two levels below Cinemascore in being a valuable piece of information.

More like perverted that for me.

And yet they're the ones who have seen the movie. If you know more about the movie than they have, then by all means, give me the details. Until then, I'm going to take them and Marvel's track record until the movie releases and proves otherwise. A lot of people doubted the initial reviews for Civil War back in January, and Guardians of the Galaxy two years ago and the Avengers two years before that, etc. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:ban:

Anyway...

Markus and McFeely just gave yet another interview on killing off characters.  They think it's lazy way to raise stakes and import consequence.  I agree.

They need to kill off the ones that way better off dead than alive for everyone involved. 

You know who. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Marvel have been using great supporting casts with top notch actors form the first movies.  So much so there are complaints that some of them get wasted.  Jeff Bridges, Tommy Lee Jones, Anthony Hopkins, William Hurt, Stanley Tucci etc.  There's also been Robert Redford, Glenn Close, del Toro etc.   Hell, look at Dr. Strange's cast.

But he seems to be in every future Marvel movie and then some. :bourne: