Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

I hope so, Marvel still had Iron Man 1 to begin with though, And I loved the first Captain America, and liked TiH and IM2 better than the best the DCEU has given us so far though. I think they can getter better. I just wish I had more faith in WB right now. 

You and me both.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I am immensely rooting for Wonder Woman to do well.

As am I, despite receiving a mixed bag from the current DCEU films.

The one that stung the most was BvS. The trailers really had me hyped, I felt they would nail it...then they didn't. More mixed bag. SS was exactly what I thought.

So, when I watch the WW trailer and feel great about the prospects of the film I now reflect back to my BvS trailer views pre-film. Hoping to not be fooled a second time. 

6 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I am immensely rooting for Wonder Woman to do well.

I'm all for female superheroes getting the lead.

Wonder Woman is close to my heart, I really hope it is good, I just don't know, I've been crushed too many times.

Shane Black:

There was an early draft of Iron Man 3 where we had an inkling of a problem. Which is that we had a female character who was the villain in the draft. We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we’ve changed our minds because, after consulting, we’ve decided that toy won’t sell as well if it’s a female… So, we had to change the entire script because of toy making.

Rebecca Hall:

I signed on to do something that was a substantial role. She wasn’t entirely the villain – there have been several phases of this – but I signed on to do something very different to what I ended up doing. Halfway through shooting they were basically like, ‘What would you think if you just got shot out of nowhere?’ I was meant to be in the movie until the end… I grappled with them for awhile and then I said, ‘Well, you have to give me a decent death scene and you have to give me one more scene with Iron Man,’ which Robert Downey Jr. supported me on.

That's horrible. But not surprising coming from a company that donated money to Donald Trump's campaign.

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Shane Black:

Rebecca Hall:

That's horrible. But not surprising coming from a company that donated money to Donald Trump's campaign.

Yes, because of Perlmutter, who has since been removed from Marvel Studios by Disney.

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I thought he was just removed from the movie side of things at Marvel? His presence is still ever prominent in the TV shows side of things.

Which is Marvel Studios is the movie side of things. Marvel Entertainment is a part of the TV side of things. Disney essentially removed Studios from underneath Entertainment.

Edited by RandomJC

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Shane Black:

Rebecca Hall:

Remember when Jessica Chastain was supposed to play the Rebecca Hall role in Iron Man 3 and backed out to do Zero Dark Thirty? lol talk about a good career move. Poor Hall though, she deserves much better roles than she gets.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Marvel really fear using females as leads. It took them 9 years to decide to make a movie about a female superhero. I always wanted a black widow movie , but I guess it's too late now.

Feige wanted it, but was consistently over ruled by Perlmutter. (Who is the reason we never got a BW movie, and why BP is only just NOW getting a film) Perlmutter is also in charge of the toys, which explains so much.

It's a problem that is slowly being fixed, at the very least.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Marvel really fear using females as leads. It took them 9 years to decide to make a movie about a female superhero. I always wanted a black widow movie , but I guess it's too late now.

I thought a Black Widow movie never happened because it would've required completely redoing ScarJo's contract.

2 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Yes it was right after DC announced the Wonder Woman movie.

It's nice that they're doing one finally, and they were very lucky to have Brie Larson she's perfect for it especially for the MCU formula.

3 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

It wasn't Marvel who feared using women as leads, it was Perlmutter. Notice that since his departure we have Ayesha in Guardians of the Galaxy, Hela in Thor Ragnarok, Ant-man and the Wasp as a title, Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira in Black Panther. Between Shane Black and Rebecca Hall's comments, it was clear her role in Iron Man 3 was rear-ended by him.

4 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I guess you missed it when Catwoman and Elektra both tanked at the box office. No one really wanted to invest in female superhero movies after that. And if Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel tank, studios will once again not want to invest in female superhero films.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I thought a Black Widow movie never happened because it would've required completely redoing ScarJo's contract.

Rumour is Scarlett's contract is for three Avengers films, one possible Black Widow film, and then she negotiates any other appearances, like in Winter Soldier and Civil War. So the opposition likely came from Perlmutter because he's a tool.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This Perlmutter guy sounds like a lovely person.

Reveal hidden contents

Can read this vanity fair article: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige

According to sources, Perlmutter—who has a background in the toy business—was specifically responsible for the controversial decision to take a gendered approach to Avengers merchandise. In short, the blame is falling on him for the conspicuous absence of Black Widow-related toys. This was a decision that even Marvel star Mark Ruffalo publicly protested.

• Like 1

On September 14, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Napoleon said:

Projecting much?

Don't get all in a wad because you don't know, will not accept, that the economic realities of now have not conformed to your idealized future utopia.