Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

And why are you telling us that?

If you read it all you might understand. There were a lot of rumors surrounding the fight between Norton and Marvel Studios. In fact, Leterrier blames the press for both parties not being able to work out a deal. This was part of the growing pains of the MCU. I feel the DCEU has a similar trajectory. With obviously more bumps, but it's making a great recovery from what I'm seeing and hearing from the higher ups.

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If you read it all you might understand. There were a lot of rumors surrounding the fight between Norton and Marvel Studios. In fact, Leterrier blames the press for both parties not being able to work out a deal. This was part of the growing pains of the MCU. I feel the DCEU has a similar trajectory. With obviously more bumps, but it's making a great recovery from what I'm seeing and hearing from the higher ups.

Leterrier is being diplomatic or not wanting to blame his star.  But Marvel had issues with Norton aside from the media, and even outside of the cutting of the film - his initial refusal to do press for the movie did not go over well.  Norton has long had a difficult reputation, he's not really a team player and they didn't want to deal with that ego on the set of a team movie like Avengers and going forward.  There's a reason the joke was that he was playing himself in Birdman. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hulk is a small character? :winomg:

In term of the amount of interaction it had with the others MCU characters (close to nothing) and total box office (263m), Norton Hulk was quite small yes.

Sucks if Affleck leaves.   Really like him in the role.

Not sure why the rumor should be treated like it is outrageous though.   There have been numerous warning bells going off.   We'll find out.

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Norton was once Hulk. Take a look at this last example: Ruffallo replaced Norton and that was the best thing that could ever happen to the character. People didn't even bat an eye and got used to it. So much that I almost don't remember that happened. Relax, the DCEU will be fine. I don't see anyone attacking the DCEU here, and this is the freaking Franchise Wars thread. 

Agreed.   I don't like Banner in general, but at least I can tolerate him when Ruffallo is playing him.   I don't think Norton ever played the Hulk though.   The Hulk was barely in the movie.

• Like 1

It's a disgrace that we still haven't had a hit movie with the Hulk as the lead when Wonder Woman solo has become so huge.

I'd say the old Hulk show was and still is as popular as the Lynda Cater Wonder Woman show. They both were released around the same time in the last 70s. Both shows made their leads iconic to the public.

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The dam is breaking and even the trades are getting tired of WB and Affleck playing this PR game.  It will be so anti-climactic come 2018. 

But it's not like this is anything new.  Batmans change.  Just like Bond.  Audiences have shown that they don't really care. 

Edited by Macleod

28 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The dam is breaking and even the trades are getting tired of WB and Affleck playing this PR game.  It will be so anti-climactic come 2018. 

But it's not like this is anything new.  Batmans change.  Just like Bond.  Audiences have shown that they don't really care. 

LOL what the hell are you talking about .... this is their own dam fault for running with these story line.

Did WB and BAtfleck came out and confirm "NO" ..... these news outlet are itching for every little news/rumors they can get their hands on.... this is no ones fault besides them.

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

It's an anti-douche agenda.

This, the "if you come at me" is an important part of the rules here, the other category is probably an by experience those from that profile never lead to an interesting conversation that made him grow or have fun.

8 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

It's not an anti-DCEU agenda. Jesus. It's an anti-douche agenda.

That's precisely the kind of stigma that I'd like to see it go away from DCEU fans, because I fucking love DC and fanboys getting a bad rep isn't bad just for DC, it's bad to the whole genre. It baffles me how kids can't see the big picture.