Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Nope, when I saw JJ’s Star Trek I remember thinking wow he made Star Trek cool! They were great movies, especially the second. Unless you’re a Trekkie then apparently you hate an A+ movie that literally everyone else loved. 

And Star Wars had the prequels?! Yeah we have the prequels, three complete masterpieces that are better than anything Trek could even imagine thinking of. A final movie so daring with its tragic arc that it was called by numerous critics a masterpiece of its genre, showing a filmmaker “ferociously on top of his game,” and “the greatest bridging film in the medium’s history.” Yeah, boy, sure does suck having to watch such great movies. There have been 8 Star Wars movies so far. Not one movie not named Star Wars is better than any of those movies. Period.

Not a hard core trekkie, but I did not care for the JJ films precisely because he made them too much like Star Wars.

But I think I am going to begin to follow my own advice and not get into fight with an over the top fan.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I doubt people Will Be Laughing at Thanos when he starts killing Avengers. 

A. The Thanos we saw is probably not the finished version we will see in Infinity Wars.

Even the unfinished Thanos we saw in the trailer is much,much better then what we saw with Steppenwolf in JL.

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think all fanboys are equally annoying. But DCU's are more bitter and abrasive right now due the Whedon (TA's director afterall)-Snyder-JL saga are busy in a DCU vs DCU civil war, while MCU's are just enjoying the show.

Else MCU fanboys are no less. Even as someone who prefers DC to Marvel I had ranked the cbm universes as 1.X-men+DP 2. MCU 3. Sony's SM 4. DCU and was called out by MCU fanboys as having a bias :lol: cause was being too generous to X-men franchise (I had rated 6 of their movies as A/A- : x1, x2, dofp, logan, dp, first class).

What I don't like with fanboys is there whole "If You like one universe, you have to hate the other" routine.

And it is not just Marvel DC. Some Star Wars fanboys have conceived a hatred for "Mary Poppins Retuns" because Disney gave it the Christmas release spot in 2018.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A. The Thanos we saw is probably not the finished version we will see in Infinity Wars.

Even the unfinished Thanos we saw in the trailer is much,much better then what we saw with Steppenwolf in JL.

Thats what they said about Steppenwolf.

Its the finished version.

30 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The JJ films were better then Trek 2,4, and 6? No freaking way. Not denying that Star Trek had it share of turkeys,but then SW had the Prequels.....

or is the only reason you are prasing JJ's is becauae he directed TFA?

First Contact better than most of SW.

:ph34r:

Spoiler

TNG FOR LIFE!

20 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Nope, when I saw JJ’s Star Trek I remember thinking wow he made Star Trek cool! They were great movies, especially the second. Unless you’re a Trekkie then apparently you hate an A+ movie that literally everyone else loved. 

And Star Wars had the prequels?! Yeah we have the prequels, three complete masterpieces that are better than anything Trek could even imagine thinking of.

There have been 8 Star Wars movies so far. Not one movie not named Star Wars is better than any of those movies. Period.

So much to unpack, so little time.

• Like 1

I guess the cgi stuff just isn’t a big deal to me cause I thought Thanos looked good and steppenwolf was fine as well. Stuff like that never takes me out of a movie cause I know what I’m watching isn’t real.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

And Star Wars had the prequels?! Yeah we have the prequels, three complete masterpieces that are better than anything Trek could even imagine thinking of.

17-jar-jar-binks.w1200.h630.jpg

lBKMDGG.png

Darth-Vader-No-Gif.gif

Yeah, i love Star Wars but the Prequels are some of the worst blockbusters of all time. Especially TPM and AotC, these two "movies" are unwatchable. The only good things about these trainwrecks is the godlike music and the memes about them.

The VFX on Thanos and otherwise isn't finished but what you see is the best you will get in terms of visual effects as the minor improvements that they make from now until release date won't be easily noticeable with the human eye. I think the effects on Thanos looks pretty good though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

at least steppenwolf didnt look like this

DP5XvbHUMAA5px_.jpg

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 1

CGI is hit and miss for me this year aside from Valerian and GV2, the CGI was okay (Spider-Man, Thor, Beast) to mixed (TLK, JL, Steppenwolf was ugly and the third act) to shitty (The Mummy)

Edited by YourMother