Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/james-cameron-avengers-sci-fi-avatar-2-1201955644/

JIM AGREES WITH ME HAHAHAHAHA

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I seriously do not get how people say all the MCU movies are the same. Without mentioning the Disney trend of sometimes overdoing the humor, can someone please explain to me how Civil War, Guardians 2, and Black Panther are the same film?

if you read the article that brought up this discussion you'll find Jimmy already let you know why they're the same.

"come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!” "

4 minutes ago, 75Live said:

so the new rivalry is Marvel vs Cameron I see.  Always the marvel side getting into it with other movies

:P  

How can the MCU compete vs the JCU?

The Terminator

Aliens

The Abyss

Terminator 2:Judgment Day

True Lies

Titanic

wow! just wow! bye bye marvel JC is back in town

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

if you read the article that brought up this discussion you'll find Jimmy already let you know why they're the same.

"come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!” "

Ignoring the fact that James Cameron has directed exactly one original film since the millenium started with only sequels in sight, that is one of the broadest oversimplifications I’ve ever seen, and it doesn’t even apply to all of them.

45 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Ignoring the fact that James Cameron has directed exactly one original film since the millenium started with only sequels in sight, that is one of the broadest oversimplifications I’ve ever seen, and it doesn’t even apply to all of them.

Reminds me of John Landis going on about how WONDER WOMAN is fresh compared to most spandex movies because it wasn't about saving the world stakes. You know the same movie (which I'm not bashing here) which was about the heroine trying to stop bad guys from continuing a global mass killing conflict? 

What is it about spandex movies that got a generation or two specifically pressed? And why do they usually come off poorly when they do talk about them? I mean as much crap as Spielberg got for saying spandex movies will face fatigue and implode soon, at least he was pointing to other formerly popular genres to make his argument. 

(Of course its rich he's now working for WB/DC but I won't give him hell for that. WB/DC is going through its Marshall Plan of throwing money out everywhere and in large amounts, why not get some of it while he can?)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/james-cameron-avengers-sci-fi-avatar-2-1201955644/

JIM AGREES WITH ME HAHAHAHAHA

He said he LOVED the movies. 

So have you been holding out on us IronJimbo?   :thinking:

Just now, grey ghost said:

I guess Crash is better than TDK since TDK never got best picture.

The Oscars are a joke.

:hahaha:

One could argue that it is. What makes MCU so good? What would a young filmmaker get out by watching a MCU film

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

He said he LOVED the movies. 

So have you been holding out on us IronJimbo?   :thinking:

let's be honest he was just sugar coating it because he knows how sensitive people get

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

.5 of A5 maybe

side note, you know my man Jim's been up to no good when you wake up with 8 replies/quotes and a bunch of reactions

The Marvel Misogynists are going to be out in force at him calling out their hyper-macho stories of men settling scores with their fists.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The Marvel Misogynists are going to be out in force at him calling out their hyper-macho stories of men settling scores with their fists.

Avatar is the same the final battle is just Jake killing the Captain of the humans!