Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Also Ryan would probably agree, although he also had his own Marvel flop with Wolverine.

He’s had two Marvel duds. Don’t forget BLADE TRINITY 

13 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

WB is the worst studio of all time. They ruin everything. Harry Potter, the hobbit and now the DCEU.  They really have a talent for running popular franchises into the ground.  

Are you sure you're not WeneedtotalkaboutKevin under a different name?

WB has had their share of hits and flops but what studio hasn't? You can't say Ready Player One was a flop nor Wonder Woman, IT or Dunkirk. 

Aww, yes, WB is the worst of all time, because I didn't like some of their big budget movies made in the last decade. That completely invalidates the last 90 years of film making and animation because I didn't like the Harry Potter movies. And certainly the only studio that has ever made bad adaptations of popular things.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

WB is not doing worse than like Paramount lol. They have hits and misses like anyone else. Not everyone can be Disney.

Especially when you consider they did very well in 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Especially when you consider they did very well in 2017. 

Yeah I mean IT and Wonder Woman both overperformed. It's just Justice League that really bombed for them. I guess they currently have no billion dollar franchises but no one really does right now except Disney and Universal.

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Yeah I mean IT and Wonder Woman both overperformed. It's just Justice League that really bombed for them. I guess they currently have on-going no billion dollar franchises but no one really does right now except Disney and Universal.

Justice League flopped but they lost more money on King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

They have a reputation for being director friendly so it’s no surprise that the likes of Christopher Nolan, Clint Eastwood etc continue to work with them. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Justice League flopped but they lost more money on King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

They have a reputation for being director friendly so it’s no surprise that the likes of Christopher Nolan, Clint Eastwood etc continue to work with them. 

Well director friendly for some projects..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just curious, why does everyone take pleasure in Star Wars not doing well in China?  

Quoting you from inside the fanboy thread because I got thread banned for defending someone who was being flamed (I poisoned the well!)

I would say that Star Wars not doing well in China makes me happy for two reasons. The first reason being that it strengthens my argument that Disney era Star Wars runs on nostalgia and doesn't have it's own two feet to stand on. Second being that Titanic and Avatar worldwide are much safer.

I think it's important for Avatar 2 that Avatar stays the #1 highest grossing film of all time, it will help with marketing.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So why on Earth didn't the new Star Wars trilogy ever reunite Luke, Leia and Han?  I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a particularly strong attachment to the original trilogy, but it seems like one shot of them together in a trailer would have been marketing gold.

Seems like such a wasted opportunity to me.

14 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

So why on Earth didn't the new Star Wars trilogy ever reunite Luke, Leia and Han?  I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a particularly strong attachment to the original trilogy, but it seems like one shot of them together in a trailer would have been marketing gold.

Seems like such a wasted opportunity to me.

Let's be honest the best most talented people were not given this and they refused to listen to Locust's advice.

It's time to move on and embrace the saga which is the epitome of overwhelming talent, endless vision and interdimensional creativity that is Avatar.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 6:02 PM, Rebeccas said:

WB is not doing worse than like Paramount lol. They have hits and misses like anyone else. Not everyone can be Disney.

They are because they shouldn’t be on the same level as those flop studios with huge properties like the DCEU, Harry Potter ect

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 4:00 AM, ZattMurdock said:

So this is now a rumor:

My take:

I was just talking about The Hobbit on ResetEra prior to hearing about this. I'm okay with either. I think that giving the reins to someone else to direct Simarilion would be the best thing creatively, but I have to say this:

I want THIS Peter Jackson:

If THIS is what Peter Jackson is thinking, he can fuck off and do neither:

I'd rather Peter Jackson be a producer on the LOTR Amazon show than be showrunner.  And I do hope the aesthetic of the show is much more in line with LotR and GoT.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard more about this so far considering Amazon spent 250m on the rights alone.  Amazon may be waiting until GoT wraps up next year and position this show as that ones unofficial successor or something.

Edit:  And DCU?  Lol that thing is fubar Jackson, stay away from it.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

Jackson should be involved with the LOTR show, but I'd like to see fresh eyes at the helm. I hesitate to fully trust PJ at the helm of Middle Earth again after the Hobbit movies. I think being in full creative control of the franchise again would be too much of a crutch for him at this point and he'd probably fall back into the over-indulgent BS plaguing the Hobbit sequels. 

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wish the new Middle Earth stuff are films instead of a web series 

Nah, they can do so much more as a TV show with this stuff.  Aragorn does have a lot of backstory and they could add some new stuff.

If these are all a huge success, there could be a tiny possibility of some of The Silmarillion or The Children of Hurin(the one I want to see most) being done down the road since the Tolkien Estate itself is involved with this new show.

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

They are because they shouldn’t be on the same level as those flop studios with huge properties like the DCEU, Harry Potter ect

giphy.gif

Edited by Jonwo