Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

The branch really dislikes DCEU movies. It’s not crazy about Marvel either but DCEU movies basically never make the bake off.. probably has something to do with the early bad taste in the mouth. Maybe also why Bumblebee missed.. enough bad movies in a franchise will wear you down.

They clearly are jealous of Snyder. And that's fine cause he's a really great guy and Hollywood is a swamp of deplorable men like Harvey Weinstein and his protectors. Not being well liked by these people is a good thing. His movies talk a lot about abusive men. That's why they hate him. Man Of Steel, Watchmen and Batman v Superman were all worthy of a Best Picture Oscar. I stopped taking the Academy seriously when Watchmen wasn't nominated for BP. But if you look way back they also never gave Hitchcock or Kubrick a Best Director award.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Right...because a win for BP isn’t a win for Marvel. I guess I don’t get this whole inclination people have about needing to bash something they don’t like in order to praise something they do. Need to put something down to make what they like look better in comparison. It’s an online thing I guess. Not saying it’s you personally, but it seems like the same people who say they don’t care about the Oscars/GG are the same ones getting worked up about them. It’s weird. 

That’s definitely not me at all, just cause I don’t think BP deserves an Oscar nom for vfx doesn’t mean I didn’t like the movie or that I don’t think it doesn’t deserve the other noms it will hopefully get. I can enjoy something and still have issues with it.

Anyways, you’re entitled to your opinions as am I. 

Just now, Napoleon said:

They clearly are jealous of Snyder. And that's fine cause he's a really great guy and Hollywood is a swamp of deplorable men like Harvey Weinstein and his protectors. Not being well liked by these people is a good thing. His movies talk a lot about abusive men. That's why they hate him. Man Of Steel, Watchmen and Batman v Superman were all worthy of a Best Picture Oscar. I stopped taking the Academy seriously when Watchmen wasn't nominated for BP. But if you look way back they also never gave Hitchcock or Kubrick a Best Director award.

Mmmm k then ! You here til Thursday?

Edited by Rebeccas

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s definitely not me at all, just cause I don’t think BP deserves an Oscar nom for vfx doesn’t mean I didn’t like the movie or that I don’t think it doesn’t deserve the other noms it will hopefully get. I can enjoy something and still have issues with it.

Anyways, you’re entitled to your opinions as am I. 

That’s fair. I guess my point is: have you seen every single film on the list or every film that was submitted? And how do you automatically know that BP is the least deserving of those on the list or those that submitted for the VFX category?

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

That’s fair. I guess my point is: have you seen every single film on the list or every film that was submitted? And how do you automatically know that BP is the least deserving of those on the list or those that submitted for the VFX category?

I’ve seen all of them but MP and Marwen cause neither are out here in Canada yet but I won’t be seeing either anyways.

I’m honestly shocked as I think many others are as you can see that BP was nominated in general for VFX, but again that’s not up to me. 

I really only posted cause I was curious about Aquaman cause I haven’t seen it and have seen many people post about the visuals and the fact that Sneider said it made it seem like a snub, so I was just looking for some opinions on here.

Sorry if you felt insulted or something, wasn’t my intention. If you’ve seen me post at all on here you know I don’t post in topics I’m not interested in or didn’t like. If I see a movie I didn’t like, I’ll make my one post, state my opinion and move on for the most part. 

hmm so I ask here too:

when they released already the short list.... the date to be considered should be reached already. And Aquaman is not even released yet. Maybe it is possible per screenings (I guess it is), but still, when is the day, under which conditions can a movie get included beside not being released?

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

hmm so I ask here too:

when they released already the short list.... the date to be considered should be reached already. And Aquaman is not even released yet. Maybe it is possible per screenings (I guess it is), but still, when is the day, under which conditions can a movie get included beside not being released?

Academy qualification is the same for every non-foreign language feature length film I believe. Dec 31st NY/LA qualifying run. 

I don’t claim to know anything about the oscars, I watch them that’s about it.  

BP doesn’t deserve a nom in the category and if that’s the way the oscars works normally they should probably try and change it up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

BP doesn’t deserve a nom in the category and if that’s the way the oscars works normally they should probably try and change it up. 

We're looking at a year where BohRap a movie with 49 on Metacritic is getting into Best Picture rather easily... so clearly tastes vary! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

We're looking at a year where BohRap a movie with 49 on Metacritic is getting into Best Picture rather easily... so clearly tastes vary! 

You’re definitely right about that.

Even if BP is nominated and wins I won’t care honestly lol, I would just rather IW win cause I thought the way they did Thanos and the movie in general was great. 

Edited by cax16

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Academy qualification is the same for every non-foreign language feature length film I believe. Dec 31st NY/LA qualifying run. 

Just found it, the submission must be done for the upcoming nominations latest at 15 November 2018 5 o'clock pt

1 January till 31 December in a comercial cinema in ... I think it was Hollywood / around there, over 40 minutes,...

https://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/91th-general_entry_submission_requirements.pdf

Edited by terrestrial

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

You do know that its not just Oscars where it will be nominated (maybe). It has already landed VfX noms across many awards, including multiple critics choice awards. 

It doesnt deserve to win the VFX award IMO and it likely wont. But there is clearly a disconnect here

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

You do know that its not just Oscars where it will be nominated (maybe). It has already landed VfX noms across many awards, including multiple critics choice awards. 

It doesnt deserve to win the VFX award IMO and it likely wont. But there is clearly a disconnect here

Again, I’m not claiming to be an expert on anything, just stating my opinion. I don’t think it should be nominated at all for any vfx awards but I don’t make these decisions and my opinion doesn’t matter. 

Let's be honest the award is usually "best movie with some VFX" not necessarily the BEST VFX period. Also I feel like Bumblebee feels like an even bigger snub given its strong critical reception and the fact that Transformers movies historically have done well in this category

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Let's be honest the award is usually "best movie with some VFX" not necessarily the BEST VFX period.

This explains why The Golden Compass won in 2007, or why Dead Man's Chest won the year prior, or why The Lone Ranger was nominated in 2013, or why Snow White and the Huntsman was nominated in 2012, or why 2 Transformers movies have been nominated.