Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Sad to see everyone disappointed at Brie Larson's acting in the movie. I remember fans were excited when she was cast in this right after her Oscar win. You really have to have charisma to play a likeable character.

If Brie Larsen signed to do a DC movie you would be singing her praises.

You have zero credibtibliy because you automatically hate anything that Marvel Studios does.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Sad to see everyone disappointed at Brie Larson's acting in the movie. I remember fans were excited when she was cast in this right after her Oscar win. You really have to have charisma to play a likeable character.

Oscars don't mean that you will be a fit for every role, and that's what lots of comic book fans need to understand. You always see the glee in their eyes whenever an Oscar Winner! gets cast as a superhero, but that statuette only means one thing: that more Academy members voted for you than for the other nominees. Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot, Hemsworth, Evans, and many others less-than-Oscar-level-caliber actors have convincingly/winningly played superheroes, while Oscar-winning people like Halle Berry have been inert and forgettable as comic book characters (although she was not given a lot to do). At the end of the day, Oscars do not make anyone an infallible addition to just any movie in any role. That is not the way it works.

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Captain Miscast could literally be Brie Larson barfing for 2 hours and it would still make over $100m on the opening weekend.

Not exactly a tough pill to swallow it's just the state of American cinema (really bad).

Luckily it will be saved in 2020.

I'm afraid one movie won't safe it. Or two, or four. We need to drain the superhero swamp, make Hollywood great gain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After seeing her in that King Kong movie, i'm not surprised.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaytoDay said:

Is Disney the only studio who has a chance of being successful in streaming? What happens to the rest of studios when this happens?

Warner Brother have been streaming at a very high level for decades.

Edited by Barnack

30 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If Brie Larsen signed to do a DC movie you would be singing her praises.

You have zero credibtibliy because you automatically hate anything that Marvel Studios does.

Dont waste your time. He was right now in a Brazilian forum saying he is waiting for March 8 to review Captain Marvel with an 0.5/5

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Haven't actually read the reviews since I haven't seen it yet, but just searching for "Larson" on the RT blurbs from just the first two pages gives me this:

"Larson... is terrific. She gives Danvers a swagger and a smart-alecky veneer."

"Vital to the success of Captain Marvel is Larson, whose amused intelligence warms the movie through like Carol's hands heating a kettle."

"establishes Captain Marvel, in the supremely qualified hands of Larson, as an Avenger nonpareil."

"Larson's magnetic performance paired with an entertaining buddy-cop romp and some character moments makes this another strong entry into the MCU."

What am I missing?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Dont waste your time. He was right now in a Brazilian forum saying he is waiting for March 8 to review Captain Marvel with an 0.5/5

I don't know what you're talking about, I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

46 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Haven't actually read the reviews since I haven't seen it yet, but just searching for "Larson" on the RT blurbs from just the first two pages gives me this:

"Larson... is terrific. She gives Danvers a swagger and a smart-alecky veneer."

"Vital to the success of Captain Marvel is Larson, whose amused intelligence warms the movie through like Carol's hands heating a kettle."

"establishes Captain Marvel, in the supremely qualified hands of Larson, as an Avenger nonpareil."

"Larson's magnetic performance paired with an entertaining buddy-cop romp and some character moments makes this another strong entry into the MCU."

What am I missing?

Nothing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Honestly the character of Carol Danvers is so dreadfully boring. The only good thing I ever liked about her character is cause she introduced the much more interesting Ms.Marvel aka Kamala Khan and Rogue sucks her powers and becomes the Rogue everyone recognizes. Hoping that happens in the MCU as well.

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

The realization that Captain Marvel will make more in three days than Alita Barf Angle will make in its entire run make be a tough pill to swallow for Cameronites. 

Come at me bro. 

Judging by the reviews, having to sit through Captain Marr-vel is an even more bitter pill marveldrones have to take.

Jh8xC6H.png

lol

oC4gI0Q.png

and the granddaddy blurb of them all

zuJoxgm.png

You have my sympathy... and Alita's

t9vJh1x.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

It's going to be soo much fun to see  Captain Marvel destroy Alita's box office in just 3 days.  Getting the popcorn ready. :popcorn:

The more people that see a truly mediocre Marvel film, the more it hurts future MCU movies and forces them to switch things up. So, I hope as many people see Captain Marvel as possible, the bigger the OW the better. I'm hoping for $200M+ DOM, and $500M+ WW. Go Captain Marr-vel!

Reminder that the consensus for CM is "formulaic" lmao:

A3Bxf0b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1