Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Now here's an interesting fanwar question.

Which film is better.

Marvels best.

Or

Jim's worst.

For me it's tight between Iron Man and True Lies

I'd put Infinity War a bit above True Lies. It's very close though. True Lies is excellent shlock, but suffers from some drag in the 3rd act IIRC. IW is also excellent shlock, but suffers from marvelquips™ and some really generic villains underneath thanos (and the mindless mega-army trope... bleh). Pick your poison. Remember that True Lies still has cultural relevance today and is still quoted and still a good watch. Let's see if anything from Infinity War is remembered 25 years from now, I might be suffering recency bias.

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Daily reminder that PikaPika stans are better than you all.

So far you’re only stanning for a Deadpool x Pokémon trailer so... go wild. Don’t let your dreams be memes. Pikachu over Avatar WW is happening.

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

So far you’re only stanning for a Deadpool x Pokémon trailer so... go wild. Don’t let your dreams be memes. Pikachu over Avatar WW is happening.

I am stanning for it because I’ve been a Pokémon fan for years and it looks good. I don’t care what it grosses I’m hoping it’s good and maybe start another big franchise outside of superhero/live action remake fare. The same reason why I stanned for RP1 and Alita.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I wouldn't get upset if that post was deleted from the CM thread. That threads been locked like 5 times this week they're just sniffing out all potential fanboy wars/political talk.

nah it was in the Shazam thread.  All I want to know is why WB/DC doesn't seem to be promoting it that much...  I haven't seen many tie ins and TV spots and the movie is coming out soon.  With Aquaman they were all over the place,  ads all over the place..  commercials everywhere. etc. 

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

They live in their wholesome bubble where all critics are courgerous and stick to their guns, and movie corparations are different from others and play by the rules.

Critics I would imagine very much so, junket-access type (he said people in the access game) well obviously they trade stuff for access (that why real media will tend to make a rule for their critics to not accept anything from studio).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hades said:

:ph34r:

Watched the video, they don't mention anything about giving it a good review and like Barnack said, specifically means the more journo-side of things not really the critical side of things.

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Watched the video, they don't mention anything about giving it a good review and like Barnack said, specifically means the more journo-side of things not really the critical side of things.

giphy.gifWARNING, WARNING! giphy.gif

First Disney shill excuse, very weak please ignore

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1