Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It feels as though you're shouting at people on BOT?

No, I'm not shouting, I'm just sick of people burying their heads in the sand. Reminds me of when some Disney fanboys were in denial about Solo and Mary Poppins until they finally couldn't be. In this case this is more ridiculous because we are talking about a film that only did 7.2mil this past weekend somehow hurting a film that is tracking to do 130-150+mil opening weekend. If so many people cared about Alita here in the states then they would have gone and seen it in the first place. It's not the Holidays, there will be no saving it. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No, I'm not shouting, I'm just sick of people burying their heads in the sand. Reminds me of when some Disney fanboys were in denial about Solo and Mary Poppins until they finally couldn't be. In this case this is more ridiculous because we are talking about a film that only did 7.2mil this past weekend somehow hurting a film that is tracking to do 130-150+mil opening weekend. If so many people cared about Alita here in the states then they would have gone and seen it in the first place. It's not the Holidays, there will be no saving it. 

Who are you complaining to though? I haven't seen anyone thinking this. As Dashrender44 said... "Yelling at Ambulance, duh!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

One of my interns just told me Stan Lee isn't dead? What? 

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Stan Lee will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

13 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Stan Lee will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Lines delivered by rebuilt Oscar Goldman?

8 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

We can't make a simple fucking comparison?

As every %$§&% comparison started

1. a huge derail of nearly every thread

2. a middle to huge fight

3. annoyed the heck those ppl out, that visit a certain thread for... the movie the thread is about (myself included) bcs every time someone used a comparison you had at best 10% posts that are actually about the movie you try to find news for or want to add news to

4. the heated up ppl more and more tend to forget e.g. the to not quote rule and other reasons the mods have way too much unnecessary work loads.

5. and so on

Btw, full quotes of lengthy charts, posts,... instead of using 'quote selection' should in my POV also get added to the rules, sometimes more then 10 ppl quote the same up to 100 entries long chart and so on.

Maybe start a bit to imagine how you would be able to have the threads not OT, not full of wars, not getting unreadable? Remembering past experiences.... plus imagine to have to do that for how man threads, sub-forms,... here?

And then ask your question again.

Edited by terrestrial

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I wouldn't get upset if that post was deleted from the CM thread. That threads been locked like 5 times this week they're just sniffing out all potential fanboy wars/political talk.

This. I got a single warning that I'd get threadbanned if I "trolled" again and it was literally just posting this screenshot (I think I can get away with it here?)

I thought it was funny, and I just said, "how will this affect box office?"

A1oP1Jp.jpg

I mean, come on, that is kind of funny. But the brittle marveldrones in the thread gave me like 4 replies and probably 20 mod reports and I was given a warning, because the moderators are probably real sick of that thread by now. 

Anyway I'm staying far away from any CM threads until the butthurt dies down a little. Just my avatar is enough to get reported no matter what I say in the CM thread, I'm called an Alitadrone even if I don't mention Brie, Alita, or criticize CM. They're super butthurt in there over CM apparently being a mediocre movie. I can't wait until the big weekend box office soothes their troubled minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

This. I got a single warning that I'd get threadbanned if I "trolled" again and it was literally just posting this screenshot (I think I can get away with it here?)

A1oP1Jp.jpg

I mean, come on, that is kind of funny. But the brittle marveldrones in the thread gave me like 4 replies and probably 20 mod reports and I was given a warning, because the moderators are probably real sick of that thread by now. 

Anyway I'm staying far away from any CM threads until the butthurt dies down a little. Just my avatar is enough to get reported no matter what I say in the CM thread, I'm called an Alitadrone even if I don't mention Brie, Alita, or criticize CM. They're super butthurt in there over CM apparently being a mediocre movie. I can't wait until the big weekend box office soothes their troubled minds.

They expected it to be anything but mediocre? Have they seen the previous MCO films...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

A1oP1Jp.jpg

I don't think there is anything sadder than people arguing over which super hero can beat which other super hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The reality is that companies do WHATEVER they can get away with to make more money.

I work for a very successful company and we have some branding issues. People think our smaller competitor is "nicer" and more "woke" because we've had some PR disasters in the past and they capitalized on that to gain market share. Guess what, they're wrong, our competitor is utterly ruthless and there's nothing "nice" or "woke" about them. All my company or our competitor wants is money, and both companies are willing to do anything to get it. The same people work at both companies, with our company having the slightly better talent because ofc we do, the A team goes to the A company, the B team goes to the B company, but there's a lot of overlap and switching. People have no idea how incestuous industries are.

Never worship companies. They are merely tools to serve the gods of capitalism, which, fortunately, do a pretty good job of serving consumers (my company is LASER focused on customer experience and having the best product... not because we love customers but because we love money). This is why I feel ok "worshipping" Jim. He's not a company, he's just a passionate guy, and money is NOT his only goal. I want him to be more successful than any company, for as long as possible. That's why he can beat everyone at the BO, because he is an auteur.

Rant over. God I need some sleep, taking care of a 5 month old baby is exhausting lmao

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Panda said:

I don't think there is anything sadder than people arguing over which super hero can beat which other super hero.

I agree, which is why the picture made me laugh. As if it would affect box office, nobody cares if Captain Marvel can beat Superman except power-level dweebs missing a chromosome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hades said:

:ph34r:

That sure puts the RT blurbs for CM into sharper focus. Remember the critics choose the blurbs. Some of them want to maintain their dignity and their access at the same time. That's why the blurb from the NPR reviewer is so funny. He's totally throwing shade at Disney/Marvel/CM while giving it a fresh score just to move on with his life (basically a "don't @ me" blurb).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They expected it to be anything but mediocre? Have they seen the previous MCO films...

Infinity War was the first non-mediocre live action MCU movie, and I'll admit it. Still chock full of Marvel quips but at least they're timed better and don't break all of the tension, and hell, the bad guy wins which is pretty unusual for a Disney film. Good job Russo brothers. Too bad you have you undo all that in Endgame, but hey, you had one good movie and people can pretend Infinity War was the last Marvel film if they want.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Infinity War was the first non-mediocre live action MCU movie, and I'll admit it. Still chock full of Marvel quips but at least they're timed better and don't break all of the tension, and hell, the bad guy wins which is pretty unusual for a Disney film. Good job Russo brothers. Too bad you have you undo all that in Endgame, but hey, you had one good movie and people can pretend Infinity War was the last Marvel film if they want.

Yeah I gave it a 7/10, best MCU film since iron man.

• Like 1