Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 hours ago, Barnack said:

Has movie fandom at a sport level is actually a thing that exist ? It does seem to, people using word like we and winning like a fandom.

Box office would be pretty boring to follow if a person didn’t have a rooting interest. The same applies to any awards shows. The whole appeal is to care about who wins. And the only way to care is to be a fan. The word “fan” is actually an abbreviation for “fanatic.”

• Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The Joker is a leap forward in filmmaking.

Not sure that is the case, but the Golden Lion is definitely a huge leap forward for the genre in respectability. It shows that even superhero movies can be considered art if the director is free to follow his personal creative vision instead of copying a CGI fest formula.

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not sure that is the case, but the Golden Lion is definitely a huge leap forward for the genre in respectability. It shows that even superhero movies can be considered art if the director is free to follow his personal creative vision instead of copying a CGI fest formula.

But Joker isn’t really a superhero movie, is it? 

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Joker is not a superhero movie. It's not even an action movie. Please. Lol It was intended to cater exactly to the film festival crowd. Making a superhero movie that also happens to appeal to film nerds is far more impressive.

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

But Joker isn’t really a superhero movie, is it? 

No, it's a supervillain movie. 😉

It falls under the broad category of a CBM in a similar way that Road To Perdition, Kingsman  or even say Cowboys&Aliens. All were first published as either a comic series or collected edition by a publisher in the industry. 

2 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Box office would be pretty boring to follow if a person didn’t have a rooting interest. The same applies to any awards shows. The whole appeal is to care about who wins. And the only way to care is to be a fan. The word “fan” is actually an abbreviation for “fanatic.”

Sure but to the point of using "we", did anyone say we won after someone else won an Oscar ? And for studios-franchise ?

I fully get the interest, rooting, but the inclusion of one self in the success-failure do seem like something that must be new.

18 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Sure but to the point of using "we", did anyone say we won after someone else won an Oscar ? And for studios-franchise ?

I fully get the interest, rooting, but the inclusion of one self in the success-failure do seem like something that must be new.

You have conflated your example, an individual actors win, with a fandom/genre win.

To say it another way, you have an apples vs oranges comparison.

13 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol at "no meaningful gold".. what a clown comment. Safe to say Nolan himself would dismiss such nonsense, considering he was impressed enough to hire one of those Oscar winners to work on his upcoming movie. 

Again no meaningful gold. If awards for design are that important, then f me suicide squad is better than citizen kane.

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So Oscars don't matter but Dark Knight deserved to win more? Which is it?

Nice try at trying change what I said. Meaningful categories do. TDK deserved to win best picture.

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Deserves got nothing to do with it... :ph34r:

Looks like I hit a nerve. If that were the case, then How green is my valley is better than citizen kane, green book is better than the roma, and slumdog millionaire is better than TDK. Deserves finds truth and worthiness amongst the Acamedy's BS.

2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Joker is not a superhero movie. It's not even an action movie. Please. Lol It was intended to cater exactly to the film festival crowd. Making a superhero movie that also happens to appeal to film nerds is far more impressive.

What are you saying here? Are you really attempting to undermine Joker's triumph at Venice? Lmao. I will be suprised if another CBM enters Venice, let alone ever wins the golden lion again.

Enjoy the moment. CBMs will never get more legitimized. In a decade, people will look back at this era as the one that killed the value of cinema.

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

What are you saying here? Are you really attempting to undermine Joker's triumph at Venice? Lmao. I will be suprised if another CBM enters Venice, let alone ever wins the golden lion again.

Enjoy the moment. CBMs will never get more legitimized. In a decade, people will look back at this era as the one that killed the value of cinema.

Undermine Joker's triumph? Lol. No point is, Joker is not some groundbreaking superhero movie. It's not offering anything new or different. Logan did dark and serious without this level of blatant awards season campaigning. But I understand why you feel the need to prop Joker.

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

Again no meaningful gold. If awards for design are that important, then f me suicide squad is better than citizen kane.

Dismissing your silly argument is not tantamount to saying a movie is better or more important than another.  But going by your logic, I can now laugh at all the fanboys who fawn over Hans Zimmer and claim that he should have multiple Oscars. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

There’s literally no difference between the funny book movie stans, except the material they stan for. All can become equally toxic. I’ve seen tons of toxic DC and MCU fans to this day on here and these last two pages are only a droplet of water in an ocean of evidence.

And the extreme fans of Non Comic Book Franchises can be just as toxic. You are seeing a real level of toxicity building between the Star Wars fans the Avatar/Cameron fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

And since when has being a fanatic a good thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Nice try at trying change what I said. Meaningful categories do. TDK deserved to win best picture.

Looks like I hit a nerve. If that were the case, then How green is my valley is better than citizen kane, green book is better than the roma, and slumdog millionaire is better than TDK. Deserves finds truth and worthiness amongst the Acamedy's BS.

Add "Ordinary People" was better then "Raging Bull" to that list of Oscar BP misfires.

I have to stand up for How Green Was My Valley in one way though. It was a much better movie then Green Book or Slumdog Millionaire. In most years Valley would have deserved a BP award, but  up against Citizen Kane.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Add "Ordinary People" was better then "Raging Bull" to that list of Oscar BP misfires.

i'm not sure i think it's better but i think the bad rap ordinary people gets because of its oscar is unfair, it's a great movie. 8/10 of the other best picture winners of the '80s are worse than it. it's a strong pick i don't really care that it beat raging bull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm not sure i think it's better but i think the bad rap ordinary people gets because of its oscar is unfair, it's a great movie. 8/10 of the other best picture winners of the '80s are worse than it. it's a strong pick i don't really care that it beat raging bull.

And I do, Ordinary People is pretty good, but compared to Raging BUll…...

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

You have conflated your example, an individual actors win, with a fandom/genre win.

To say it another way, you have an apples vs oranges comparison.

What a fandom win mean ?

What is the difference to say Denzel Washington fanbase and Jurassic Park fanbase here ?