Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not a fan of CBM, I'm a fan of good movies. Happy they finally made one but I'll be the final judge. This will be the first DC/Marvel film I paid for a ticket for in 4 years.

Cmon you saw IW last year and CM this year too.. 

8 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It looks like all comic book fans can rejoice, for the first time ever the genre is respected by cinèma elites. 

Not quite, unless you're strictly speaking of cape comics.

We've had TDK, A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, Blue is the Warmest Colour, and many other works that were critically acclaimed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Some of these conspiracy theories are nonsense but there's no denying that, for whatever reason, there was a whole bunch of bloggers doing a year-long smear campaign against the DCEU when Zack Snyder was at the helm. There was just a very toxic and loud negative coverage. They even spread rumors that Wonder Woman was a disaster, said the trailers looked bad and stuff, but they were shut down when the serious critics started acclaiming the movie and the positive reviews quickly took control of the narrative.

I'm not saying I belive there was a conspiracy, an organized group of bloggers doing a master plan to destroy the DCEU. But a lot of them for whatever reason I don't understand hated Zack Snyder and didn't stop until they took away the joy for the fans who liked the franchise. And that's what makes DC fans so angry. Why would you try to ruin something others are enjoying, just because you don't enjoy it? 

Saying " I don't like this franchise" is not a "smear campaign". Snyders films just weren't popular with critics. That isn't a smear campaign.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

All that money, yet no meaningful gold.

Black Panther won three Oscars. More than even Dark Knight. 

Which will make next year interesting when Joker likely loses everything it's up for except maybe Actor and maybe Makeup.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • ...wtf 1

22 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I guess Red Sox fans didn’t “win the World Series” either. I mean they aren’t actually a part of the team.    

C’mon man, this is a pretty high level of being deliberately obtuse.

Has movie fandom at a sport level is actually a thing that exist ? It does seem to, people using word like we and winning like a fandom.

Has irrational sport fandom can be, at least there is usually a people represented, a city, a country being put on the map on the line and most of all it is a zero sum game (if a team win it mean an other loose) and actual rules to determine a champion with winning being the goal of the game, games that tend to look like if a tribe had the chance to look at their hunters going to their hunts and that the competition and the winning can be enjoyed in person among peoples getting drunk.

You do not find quite gringe inducing to read people using word like we, winning, them, us, proud, etc... when talking about movies ? That pushing it quite a bit, it is not a zero sum games, Avengers doing well do not mean the next DC movie will not do well (can even be the other way around).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Has movie fandom at a sport level is actually a thing that exist ? It does seem to, people using word like we and winning like a fandom

Well, some sports fans get CRAZY. Like, really, really, really, crazy. I hope there aren’t any movie fans to match the full extreme of sports fandom.    

But don’t need to be similar in degree for my point, just in nature. People are happy when the team/franchise they’ve chosen to root for is doing well (whether in absolute or relative terms) — even though they have no direct e.g. financial stake in that success, as TMP pointed out.   

As for the rest, you don’t need objective rules or zero-sum for fans to exist. It would be quite surprising if there weren’t movie fan in that way, liking to see things that you like succeed is just basic human nature.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Black Panther won three Oscars. More than even Dark Knight. 

Which will make next year interesting when Joker likely loses everything it's up for except maybe Actor and maybe Makeup.

Again no meaningful gold. And dont bring up the dark Knight. We both know that Dark knight deserves more oscars than BP.

• Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Again no meaningful gold. And dont bring up the dark Knight. We both know that Dark knight deserves more oscars than BP.

Lol at "no meaningful gold".. what a clown comment. Safe to say Nolan himself would dismiss such nonsense, considering he was impressed enough to hire one of those Oscar winners to work on his upcoming movie. 

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

So Oscars don't matter but Dark Knight deserved to win more? Which is it?

Edited by SpiderByte

The Joker is the movie you will talk about to your grand kids by the fire at the end of this century :

" son, I have a story to tell, in October 2019, everything changed, nothing was ever the same, it was a new era, a new age, the Todd Phillips age ..."

The Joker is a leap forward in filmmaking.

From now on, any new movie will have to stand up against Todd Phillips genius.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1