Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Christ the DC fanboys are going to be insufferable over this Joker shit. When were Marvel fans this pretentious when Black Panther was in contention?

We’re winning the $$$ so don’t really care about awards that much. If we’d crossed 2 billon marks in the 2010s instead of 11 I bet people would have been more invested in the BP BP nom.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Christ the DC fanboys are going to be insufferable over this Joker shit. When were Marvel fans this pretentious when Black Panther was in contention?

Maybe because Black Panther was never a serious contender for any relevant win, and even Marvel fans must admit to themselves the BP nom was undeserved.

Joker was also on the same place as a film (only Joaquin Phoenix in acting categories was considered to have a chance). The best picture win at Venice was a total surprise, and changes things for the movie going into awards season.

• ...wtf 1

Kristen Stewart clarified her interview involving Marvel.

Nor does she think the roles she’s offered have changed since being an out queer actor — and she cited Marvel only because she was illustrating “it was literally just a big conglomerate-y type thing.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/kristen-stewart-gay-superhero-1203327460/

I mean, that was obvious before, but it's amazing the ability of some people around here to misunderstand some things

Edited by Seto Kaiba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Kristen Stewart clarified her interview involving Marvel.

I mean, that was obvious before, but it's amazing the ability of some people around here to misunderstand some things

You mean the perseverance. 

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Well to be frank, at least half of MCU fans were bitter over the recognition BP received, as they thought IW was more deserving (lol). They were not as pretentious as I imagine DC fans are but Joker is still a long way away from winning big awards. An Oscar nom is certainly not a lock outside of JP in lead actor, perhaps. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe because Black Panther was never a serious contender for any relevant win, and even Marvel fans must admit to themselves the BP nom was undeserved.

Joker was also on the same place as a film (only Joaquin Phoenix in acting categories was considered to have a chance). The best picture win at Venice was a total surprise, and changes things for the movie going into awards season.

You mean other than the three categories that it won in?

And it's not like Jokers winning Best Picture either. Look at how many movies that win the Golden Lion also win best picture. Maybe it'll give a needed reality check.

Let's not pretend DC fans aren't going to use this to make call every single fucking movie they make that's even halfway decent "high art" unless it's a complete turkey like Green Lantern, Jonah Hex or Justice League, like they did since 2008 with all the DCEU movies till JL. They even shit themselves when Aquaman wasn't nominated.

The "DC movies are REAL TRUE CINEMA, unlike Marvel movies" shit from that fandom had finally died out after a fucking decade of that shit and now it's already back.

Edited by SpiderByte

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

We’re winning the $$$ so don’t really care about awards that much. If we’d crossed 2 billon marks in the 2010s instead of 11 I bet people would have been more invested in the BP BP nom.

"we"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not quite sure what you’re getting at here. The pronoun pretty clearly dereferences to “MCU fans.” Are you surprised to learn that I’m an MCU fan 🤔

More so in that you're not "winning the $$$" since you guys aren't shareholders at Disney (outside of @Walt Disney I guess)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Since 2013 DC fans became like Trump/Qanon supporters, any critical setback is a massive conspiracy against them and they're convinced they're  both somehow on top and everyone loves them and a hated put-upon group with the world against them. It'll be interesting to see how they weave Jokers success into the narrative that Geoff Johns was secretly bribed by Marvel to sell them scripts to Batman V Superman and two Justice League movies so Marvel could use broad plot elements (heroes fighting and time travel) to make them look bad, and that Disney pays Rotten Tomatoes to make specifically and only certain DC movies to have bad reviews.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Knock It Off 2

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

More so in that you're not "winning the $$$" since you guys aren't shareholders at Disney (outside of @Walt Disney I guess)

I guess Red Sox fans didn’t “win the World Series” either. I mean they aren’t actually a part of the team.    

C’mon man, this is a pretty high level of being deliberately obtuse.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Since 2013 DC fans became like Trump/Qanon supporters, any critical setback is a massive conspiracy against them and they're convinced they're  both somehow on top and everyone loves them and a hated put-upon group with the world against them. It'll be interesting to see how they weave Jokers success into the narrative that Geoff Johns was secretly bribed by Marvel to sell them scripts to Batman V Superman and two Justice League movies so Marvel could use broad plot elements (heroes fighting and time travel) to make them look bad.

Some of these conspiracy theories are nonsense but there's no denying that, for whatever reason, there was a whole bunch of bloggers doing a year-long smear campaign against the DCEU when Zack Snyder was at the helm. There was just a very toxic and loud negative coverage. They even spread rumors that Wonder Woman was a disaster, said the trailers looked bad and stuff, but they were shut down when the serious critics started acclaiming the movie and the positive reviews quickly took control of the narrative.

I'm not saying I belive there was a conspiracy, an organized group of bloggers doing a master plan to destroy the DCEU. But a lot of them for whatever reason I don't understand hated Zack Snyder and didn't stop until they took away the joy for the fans who liked the franchise. And that's what makes DC fans so angry. Why would you try to ruin something others are enjoying, just because you don't enjoy it? That's like, I don't enjoy MCU movies at all, but millions do. If I somehow had the power to stop it, why would I do that? Just because I don't enjoy MCU movies I will ruin for the millions who do? That's not fine.

Bloggers who hate Zack Snyder and the DCEU should have moved on with their lives, and not make a living hell for the fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Since 2013 DC fans became like Trump/Qanon supporters, any critical setback is a massive conspiracy against them and they're convinced they're  both somehow on top and everyone loves them and a hated put-upon group with the world against them. It'll be interesting to see how they weave Jokers success into the narrative that Geoff Johns was secretly bribed by Marvel to sell them scripts to Batman V Superman and two Justice League movies so Marvel could use broad plot elements (heroes fighting and time travel) to make them look bad, and that Disney pays Rotten Tomatoes to make specifically and only certain DC movies to have bad reviews.

old.jpg

• Haha 6

There’s literally no difference between the funny book movie stans, except the material they stan for. All can become equally toxic. I’ve seen tons of toxic DC and MCU fans to this day on here and these last two pages are only a droplet of water in an ocean of evidence.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

Besides mathematically speaking Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse is clearly superior as it was the only CBM to win a Best Feature Oscar.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Some of these conspiracy theories are nonsense but there's no denying that, for whatever reason, there was a whole bunch of bloggers doing a year-long smear campaign against the DCEU when Zack Snyder was at the helm. There was just a very toxic and loud negative coverage. They even spread rumors that Wonder Woman was a disaster, said the trailers looked bad and stuff, but they were shut down when the serious critics started acclaiming the movie and the positive reviews quickly took control of the narrative.

I'm not saying I belive there was a conspiracy, an organized group of bloggers doing a master plan to destroy the DCEU. But a lot of them for whatever reason I don't understand hated Zack Snyder and didn't stop until they took away the joy for the fans who liked the franchise. And that's what makes DC fans so angry. Why would you try to ruin something others are enjoying, just because you don't enjoy it? That's like, I don't enjoy MCU movies at all, but millions do. If I somehow had the power to stop it, why would I do that? Just because I don't enjoy MCU movies I will ruin for the millions who do? That's not fine.

Bloggers who hate Zack Snyder and the DCEU should have moved on with their lives, and not make a living hell for the fans.

Bloggers can’t ruin anything for anyone. Just don’t read their blogs. To purposely continue to read sites that you think are wrong makes no sense. It’s one thing if it’s a message board you frequent, but blogs and websites can be ignored quite easily.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2