Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So, instead posting the long post I keep writing and then deleting, I'm just gonna put this here.  And look at it when I need to Be An Adult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Sad because it's a worthy Ensemble nominee. 

it's certainly the most ensemble. ten-fifteen years ago there were a couple ensemble nominees that weren't especially good but they had a shit ton of famous people in them so they got nominated. they haven't really been doing that recently so i doubt endgame gets nominated.

i feel like i just need to say i was kidding so the haters don't come after me because i know the fanboys are rampant on here; keaton was a better gags 'n' stunts man but chaplin was a better more humanist story teller and keaton never made a movie as good as city lights or modern times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like i just need to say i was kidding so the haters don't come after me because i know the fanboys are rampant on here; keaton was a better gags 'n' stunts man but chaplin was a better more humanist story teller and keaton never made a movie as good as city lights or modern times.

Crisis averted. The 5 Minute Chaplin/Keaton War is over.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Crisis averted. The 5 Minute Chaplin/Keaton War is over.

keaton is funnier though. the straight face act is funnier. once heard someone say that in performance style chaplin was like a dog that wanted to make you happy and laugh. and keaton is like a cat with a prideful and awkward "errr, i meant to do that" energy when he does something stupid. it's funnier.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Speaking for the Charlie Chaplin stans (so just me) on BOT, we have no opinion one way or the other about the Scorsese stuff.

I wonder if they use Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" in the film they way they did in the first "Joker" trailer...

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

keaton is funnier though. the straight face act is funnier. once heard someone say that in performance style chaplin was like a dog that wanted to make you happy and laugh. and keaton is like a cat with a prideful and awkward "errr, i meant to do that" energy when he does something stupid. it's funnier.

Keaton’s great when it came to physical comedy. Chaplin’s Tramp felt more “human”. And that dog analogy is actually fitting since the Tramp was like that and he wasn’t always successful. Dude always had it rough in his movies.

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1

Just now, MrGamer said:

Keaton’s great when it came to physical comedy. Chaplin’s Tramp felt more “human”. And that dog analogy is actually fitting since the Tramp was like that and he wasn’t always successful. Dude always had it rough in his movies.

yeah that's what i'm saying with keaton you admire the craftsmanship and the "how did he pulll this shit off?" of it all but i never got emotional watching a Keaton film. the end of city lights destroys me. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah that's what i'm saying with keaton you admire the craftsmanship and the "how did he pulll this shit off?" of it all but i never got emotional watching a Keaton film. the end of city lights destroys me. 

That’s why the end of Limelight with them together is so great. It combines the Keaton physical comedy and the pathos Chaplin would inject in his later movies.

• Like 1

Martin Scorsese is right and everyone knows it. More respected people in Hollywood should speak up about that nonsense glorification of Marvel movies.

Before you quote me, I know DC is following suit and I hate that. Justice League (the theatrical version) and Shazam were an insult. But I still have hopes for Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman 2 (after all, they are releasing a real movie this weekend with Joker).

This is not on Marvel or Disney, they have the right to only do mediocre disposable garbage, like studios have been doing for years as well. The problem is people trying to force them down our throats as something other than that: trash. It's trash. Candy is not real food.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Martin Scorsese is right and everyone knows it. More respected people in Hollywood should speak up about that nonsense glorification of Marvel movies.

Before you quote me, I know DC is following suit and I hate that. Justice League (the theatrical version) and Shazam were an insult. But I still have hopes for Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman 2 (after all, they are releasing a real movie this weekend with Joker).

This is not on Marvel or Disney, they have the right to only do mediocre disposable garbage, like studios have been doing for years as well. The problem is people trying to force them down our throats as something other than that: trash. It's trash. Candy is not real food.

Damn it Napoleon, this was the Chaplin/Keaton chat but now you started back up the cycle.

• Like 2