Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

to be clear i too disagree with scorsese's take. but i'm just saying that trying to downplay his impact on cinema and to dismiss his entire filmography or call him "jealous" is not the way to go about disagreeing lol. it just makes folks sound mad that he doesn't stan your faves.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

What big movie projects does Netflix have for next year? They seem to be going all out to finish 2019.

They have the Ron Howard movie with Amy Adams and Glenn Close, the new Fincher movie with Gary Oldman, and a pair of prestigious Ryan Murphy-produced titles (one of which he's also directing) for 2020 so far off the top of my head. I think that Tom Holland movie with the Russo bros was supposed to be going to Netflix too but recent articles haven't mentioned anything of it.

Edited by filmlover

35 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BS. Streaming is the future. The sooner people understand that the better. There's no downgrade in making a movie with Netflix and agreeing to their rules of release. it isn't the "movie's so bad it has to be released on TV" like that Detergent Pt 4 sequel. The Irishman was fully financed by Netflix and their ways of release are known. Also, reviews are stellar. There's no downgrade. 

re: Marty's comments about Marvel movies. I don't know why so much outrage from marvel fans when they were the first to point out that, unlike other Marvel movies, TWS looked like a "real movie". I still remember that. So looks like they are on the same page. Most feel like theme parks and video games, but TWS felt like a real movie to fans admission. 

Streaming is not the future of Cinema and it never will be. Watching a movie on streaming for the first time is nowhere near as satisfying. Streaming will continue to grow but not a shit chance in hell of it taking over. Netflix is taking a bath of the films

Edited by cdsacken

24 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Streaming is not the future of Cinema and it never will be. Watching a movie on streaming for the first time is nowhere near as satisfying. Streaming will continue to grow but not a shit chance in hell of it taking over. Netflix is taking a bath of the films

Considering how badly movie theaters have been doing in 2019, I think it’s fair to say that a lot of people are turning to streaming. 

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Considering how badly movie theaters have been doing in 2019, I think it’s fair to say that a lot of people are turning to streaming. 

AMC is doing fantastic. That model will work awesome for them. Regal screwed up on theirs but it might work too.

People will continue to turn to streaming. I cut cable 3 years ago. That said I'm not gonna have crappy awful movie nights watching a movie on my laptop or TV at home. Netflix also going to continue to bless expenses like crazy. Long term they are in serious trouble. 

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

AMC is doing fantastic. That model will work awesome for them. Regal screwed up on theirs but it might work too.

People will continue to turn to streaming. I cut cable 3 years ago. That said I'm not gonna have crappy awful movie nights watching a movie on my laptop or TV at home. Netflix also going to continue to bless expenses like crazy. Long term they are in serious trouble. 

Box office in 2019 has been down to a ridiculous degree. Fewer and fewer people are going to movie theaters. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Box office in 2019 has been down to a ridiculous degree. Fewer and fewer people are going to movie theaters. 

AMC is doing fine but yes other theaters are getting killed. Moviepass dying hurt as they were subsidizing all the people going all the time for free. Alamo Drafthouse is doing awesome as well.

Edited by cdsacken

I don't really give a shit what Scorcese thinks. The MCU is one of the things that regularly gets me excited to go to the theaters and the films stick with me a lot more than supposedly "higher" cinema. So he can say what he wants but to me it's definitely not "just a theme park ride".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't really give a shit what Scorcese thinks. The MCU is one of the things that regularly gets me excited to go to the theaters and the films stick with me a lot more than supposedly "higher" cinema. So he can say what he wants but to me it's definitely not "just a theme park ride".

it's just popcorn friend, doesn't do make you think just releases simple endorphins. I know plenty of people who get excited to eat popcorn, pretty sad if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

That sounds like what someone would say before going into a theme park ride.

And I'm pretty sure he shares the same sentiments about DC, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films, Disney remakes, Fast and Furious, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

And I'm pretty sure he shares the same sentiments about DC, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films, Disney remakes, Fast and Furious, etc.

This is why the JCU stands above all.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

it's just popcorn friend, doesn't do make you think just releases simple endorphins. I know plenty of people who get excited to eat popcorn, pretty sad if you ask me.

To you, not to me. It's impressive how the concept of subjectivity flies over the heads of so many who love "intellectual, psychologically deep" cinema.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hence why I included "and they stick with me more than other movies". Not sure why so many people have an urge to "correct" other people's enjoyment of a thing by trying to redefine it.

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

It's not the place of fanboys to argue about this. With that said, James Gunn nailed this one:

Class act.

James I think it would be better for your mental health if he doesn't watch your film, you won't get the result you're hoping for.

8 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

It's not the place of fanboys to argue about this. With that said, James Gunn nailed this one:

Class act.

😂

Also Scorsese point remains. 60% of the mcu is not real cinema. So isn't suicide squad nor josstice league for mcu stans about to troll me. Other movies such as Guardians and Avengers are exceptions, but I don't expect Scorsese to know these.

Edited by The Chad DC
  • Like 1