Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Don't get crazy. Not a chance in hell it's better than Dark Knight, SM2, IW or EG. Zero percent.

2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'll add Black Panther and Guardians 1 to this list. 

It's better than all listed MCU movies at least, just on another level completely. Dark Knight and SM2 are good competitors though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Don't get crazy. Not a chance in hell it's better than Dark Knight, SM2, IW or EG. Zero percent.

4 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'll add Black Panther and Guardians 1 to this list. 

Lmao. And I said MCU. Dark knight is better than Joker. Iw and EG are nothing compared to Joker.

BUT, I don't even wanna get into this. Clearly your opinions differ from mine greatly and none of us will agree with the other one nor change our opinion.

My top 10 CBM:

DK

Joker

Logan

BB

SM1

SM2

V for Vendetta

CW

WW

Avengers 1

Have a good day.

Edited by The Chad DC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Lmao. And I said MCU. Dark knight is better than Joker. Iw and EG are nothing compared to Joker.

BUT, I don't even wanna get into this. Clearly your opinions differ from mine greatly and none of us will agree with the other one nor change our opinion.

My top 10 CBM:

DK

Joker

Logan

BB

SM1

SM2

V for Vendetta

CW

WW

Avengers 1

Have a good day.

Lol you already did. Looking forward to seeing joker and ranking it . Considering it's hard to watch, depressing with no one to root for I'm guessing it will be outside the top 25 for me for cbm films.

• ...wtf 1

This year cbms:

Joker - 9.5/10

Endgame - 8/10

Shazam! - 6.5/10

Cap Marvel & Son of Tony 2 - 100% forgettable garbage.

All time TOP 5 cbms:

Spider-Man 2 - 10/10

Watchmen - 10/10

Joker - 9.5/10

The Dark Knight - 9+/10

X-Men: DOFP - 9/10

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Lol you already did. Looking forward to seeing joker and ranking it . Considering it's hard to watch, depressing with no one to root for I'm guessing it will be outside the top 25 for me for cbm films.

Not only that but almost everything I've seen about the movie says that JP is the standout. Very little praise for the other characters or actors, including Zazie and if you can't even give your sole main female character much of anything to work with, you definitely won't be making my top 20 list. 

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Not only that but almost everything I've seen about the movie says that JP is the standout. Very little praise for the other characters or actors, including Zazie and if you can't even give your sole main female character much of anything to work with, you definitely won't be making my top 20 list. 

By that logic TDK should be out of your top 20 too considering that Maggie is a just a tool in the film.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to bring in irrelevant information when judging a film. "I dont like non linear narratives so pulp fiction sucks". "Fight club has too much fighting so 5/10".

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

By that logic TDK should be out of your top 20 too considering that Maggie is a just a tool in the film.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to bring in irrelevant information when judging a film. "I dont like non linear narratives so pulp fiction sucks". "Fight club has too much fighting so 5/10".

Nolan's weakness has always been his writing/casting of women characters but Rachel still has notable role in the movie. Not to mention that TDK has a hell of lot of other stuff going for it. Bale is not asked to carry the whole movie. 

And I'm sorry, the depiction of women characters is irrelevant information? What?

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Nolan's weakness has always been his writing/casting of women characters but Rachel still has notable role in the movie. Not to mention that TDK has a hell of lot of other stuff going for it. Bale is not asked to carry the whole movie. 

And I'm sorry, the depiction of women characters is irrelevant information? What?

The screentime a female character in a film is irrelevant when judging it. How is that a weird sentiment? I'm sure by your other comments that you'd agree if the genders were reversed (ie female lead with WHITE male supporting).

And if you watch the movie, you'll realize that zazie is also a notable character and the second most important one. Also, JP deserves all the praise. Its his film. Hence why this isn't an ensemble ala TDK. Nonetheless, everyone brings their A game and all actors/actresses deserve praise. JP does not elevate everyone, they play off one another to put elevate JP himself. The De niro talkshow scene shows that.

I really think you should watch the film and then discuss. Reviews don't do it justice. Even the 10/10 ones.

• Knock It Off 1

54 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

It’s not an ensemble film. I’m not sure what you’d expect. Besides, Robert De Niro was pretty good in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

The screentime a female character in a film is irrelevant when judging it. How is that a weird sentiment? I'm sure by your other comments that you'd agree if the genders were reversed (ie female lead with WHITE male supporting).

And if you watch the movie, you'll realize that zazie is also a notable character and the second most important one. Also, JP deserves all the praise. Its his film. Hence why this isn't an ensemble ala TDK. Nonetheless, everyone brings their A game and all actors/actresses deserve praise. JP does not elevate everyone, they play off one another to put elevate JP himself. The De niro talkshow scene shows that.

I really think you should watch the film and then discuss. Reviews don't do it justice. Even the 10/10 ones.

Not really. The mother is a more important character than she is.