Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The way The Joker tries to justify its existence in the Batman/DC world is really pathetic.

Such an after thought, so dishonest & clumsy.

Not so sure I agree 100% with you there Lou.

A bit like Once Upon A Time, the movie at is very foundation work and use the fact that the audience know in advance some of what will happen (a bit like if they would have showed the ending at the start). It used the background for narrative efficiency and shortcut in an impressive way.

You cannot just remove/reduce the weird laugh, change the name and still have a movie with the same impact, really not sure it was an after thought like all the Die Hards movie were (where they simply used already existing action movie script, changed the hero name for McCain and added a phone call to is wife at the end), could be wrong obviously but it would not surprise me if from the start it was thought and developed as a Joker movie.

Having an under 65M budget and the Joker brand made it possible to get away to shoot it almost just first unit, almost just one camera, have a lot of days, have a purpose to 100% of the shot that they take time to create, etc... i.e. making it like they were making it in the 70s or Nolan today, it is not like he would not always do it if he could.

Edited by Barnack

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Question is how much work is needed on the Snyder cut, and how much would it cost.

And the Stone Alexander cuts have become something of a joke.

And that no one  except for the really hard core Snyder fans even remembers there was a directors cut of Sucker Punch means briging the film up is not a good argument for a Snyder cut for JL.

But Sucker Punch bombed and they still release an extended cut 

The Snyder Cut could make money  on home video thanks to DC fans 

Edited by John Marston

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Question is how much work is needed on the Snyder cut, and how much would it cost.

And the Stone Alexander cuts have become something of a joke.

And that no one  except for the really hard core Snyder fans even remembers there was a directors cut of Sucker Punch means briging the film up is not a good argument for a Snyder cut for JL.

Zero work required .. & i think Snyder cut could make some money 

19 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am a fan of the Sim City games...(except for the truly shitty lastest game....) but don't see the comparasion.

And who is to say that a super hero film should not be dark and depressing. "Logan" was not exactly a cheerful film.

Frankly, I am glad writers of hero comics are trying to make the genre grow up a little,rather then cater to all the 16 year olds out there.

And, if you look at the great heroic sagas, most of them have a tragic ending.

I have no problem with bleak superhero films but I don't see how making something bleak equates to "growing up". If anything teen boys are the ones who are most obsessed with making things "dark and gritty".

There's no reason not to release the Snyder cut. It's finished and the whole world wants it, even haters are curious to see it. What WB may have is a reason not to release it now. And the reason is what SnokesLegs pointed out: the movie may tease future storylines that WB decided to drop. Like, what if it teases something for the Wonder Woman sequel that Patty Jenkins is no longer picking up in WW84 because it was cut from JL? WB may not want to put something out that could make the continuity confusing to some people. I'm sure the Snyder cut will be released eventually.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There's no reason not to release the Snyder cut. It's finished and the whole world wants it, even haters are curious to see it. What WB may have is a reason not to release it now. And the reason is what SnokesLegs pointed out: the movie may tease future storylines that WB decided to drop. Like, what if it teases something for the Wonder Woman sequel that Patty Jenkins is no longer picking up in WW84 because it was cut from JL? WB may not want to put something out that could make the continuity confusing to some people. I'm sure the Snyder cut will be released eventually.

A bit of an exgerration, maybe?

If it gets released, it will be on streaming or DTV, it is not going to get a wide threatrical release.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m tired of saying this, but zero work is required. They have an assembly cut. They can just release that. 

You have no idea what an assembly cut is like, do you?

It is not also called a "Rough cut" for nothing.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m aware that it’s a rough cut of the movie. So what? The movie we ended up getting was basically a rough cut anyway. 

An assembly cut isn't even a rough cut. Its pretty much just everything they shot, with little to no post work (special effects, music, color grading, etc.) whatsoever.

Even the shots that have been released of the Snyder cut clearly have unfinished effects. Some of them (Wonder Woman killing Steppenwolf) are clearly still animatics. If they weren't black and white it'd be much more clear how far from theatrical-release ready any sort of Snyder Cut is.

At most I think we'll get deleted scenes on HBO Max, like how Endgame has all the alternate cut scenes on Disney+

Edited by SpiderByte

It’s really crazy seeing all the pics snyder is sharing though(the Gal Gadot/Uxas pic) from today for example. Regardless of anything I’m very curious to see his cut of the movie one day just to see how different it really is cause it seems way way different. 

45 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Just saw Watchmen Director's cut for the first time. It was meh... But good for Snyder standards. Missed the giant squid. 

Spoiler

You'll love this week's episode of Watchmen then...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand the whole Snyder's cut thing. He's a horrible director that damaged DC legacy big time. His cuts while they may be better still suck in general. this one is obviously not finished and why would they want to spend money on a version of a film that was horrible to begin with?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The DC brand is so damaged that Aquaman and Joker only made $1 billion dollars each.

Thankfully after synder left. He fucked everything up. Man of steel 2 canceled. Bvs laughing stock, Justice league evene worse. New Batman because it sucked. Flash is horrible.

He's on the level of green lantern directors.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1