Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

One thing that has always bugged me about TDK is the line near the end where Gordon says "5 dead, 2 of them cops." The implication that the dead are Dent, Maroni, Maroni's driver, Wurtz, and Ramirez. The problem is that we clearly see Harvey spare Ramirez since the coin toss went her way and he just cold-cocks her. It's a minor yet clearly false and inconsistent line mistake that annoys the heck outta me given the meticulousness Nolan uses in his films.

Assuming your assumption is right, it probably was a decision somewhere during the editing process. Another cop was supposed to die, and that scene (or reference) was deemed un-necessary. A lot of times -- depending on when in the process it was cut -- there may not have been time or resources to reshoot Gordon's line. Rest assured, I'm sure Nolan's original script was airtight.

One thing that has always bugged me about TDK is the line near the end where Gordon says "5 dead, 2 of them cops." The implication that the dead are Dent, Maroni, Maroni's driver, Wurtz, and Ramirez. The problem is that we clearly see Harvey spare Ramirez since the coin toss went her way and he just cold-cocks her. It's a minor yet clearly false and inconsistent line mistake that annoys the heck outta me given the meticulousness Nolan uses in his films.

The cop in the hospital that the Joker killed May have been tied to Dent

That's a reach IMO.

Tele may be right, but I can't give him that satisfaction in this zoo thread he started.

I don't think it's that big of a reach but it's not conclusive either. It's not like there'd be a whole lot of evidence to determine who killed him, other than he was supposed to retrieve Dent, and he was killed.

I don't think it's that big of a reach but it's not conclusive either. It's not like there'd be a whole lot of evidence to determine who killed him, other than he was supposed to retrieve Dent, and he was killed.

But Gordon says the line like 10 seconds after Dent dies. I doubt he'd associate that one cop with Dent rather than the Joker taking him out that quick.

It's just an example of the sloppy third act TDK has.

But Gordon says the line like 10 seconds after Dent dies. I doubt he'd associate that one cop with Dent rather than the Joker taking him out that quick.

It's just an example of the sloppy third act TDK has.

I think there's plenty of missing gaps or possible cops to assume there was the 2nd cop. It's not as bad as EVERY single extra on the ferries being as terrible of actors as they are. Tiny Lister excluded.

Edited by MrPink

Nolan did have shockingly bad production control on the extras/bit parts for TDK.

Shockingly bad, but shockingly good for our purposes.

The extras were surprisingly ok-ish in TDKR.

Marvel Studios came about because Marvel wanted to have more control and money over the films based on their characters and while they got money from X-Men and Spider-Man, it was a fraction of what the studios were getting plus they could create a shared universe which wasn't possible with the characters they'd licensed since they were owned by different studios. 

Warner Bros has had huge success with Batman and Superman but DC Entertainment only came about five years ago due to the success Marvel had with Iron Man and also with their licensed films, they'd had various superhero films in development like Wonder Woman and Justice League but none of them came into fruition, they've had more success with animation and television with The New Adventures of Superman, Smallville, Batman the Animated Series, Justice League etc The success of The Avengers and the end of successful franchises like The Dark Knight Trilogy and Harry Potter has meant Warner Bros has been looking at using DC as a way of expanding their film slate, Man of Steel was a success and hopefully this will lead to not just a Justice League movie but solo DC films. 

I think the real test for WB and DC is a solo DC film that can be as big as Iron Man was if not bigger, I imagine it'll be either Wonder Woman or Aquaman that gets the first solo film after Batman vs Superman or Justice League. As for DC's more obscure characters, I think we might see a Justice League Dark film but I think television is the best option although I think we might see some of them pop up in DC films as supporting characters.

DC - 5.5/10 Average

Superman: The Movie - 8/10

Superman II - 8/10

Superman IV - 2/10

Batman - 7/10

Batman Forever - 5/10

Batman & Robin - 2/10

Batman Begins - 9.5/10

Superman Returns - 7/10

The Dark Knight - 10/10

Watchmen - 6/10

Green Lantern - 4/10

The Dark Knight Rises - 7/10

Man of Steel - 1/10

Marvel Studios - 8.2/10 Average

Iron Man - 8/10

The Incredible Hulk - 8/10

Iron Man 2 - 6/10

Thor - 7/10

Captain America: The First Avenger - 9/10

The Avengers - 10/10

Iron Man 3 - 9.5/10

Thor: The Dark World - 7.5/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9.5/10

If I'm right, it has nothing to do with sloppiness. :lol: It's just the reality of filmmaking; sometimes you make a choice that may help the film overall even if there's a small negative associated with that choice.

So what you're saying is that he had to take it? They'll hate him for it, but that's the point of cutting it out. He can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice?

Marvel X Men 5/5X Men 2 5/5 (classic)Spidey 2 5/5 (classic)Fantastic Four ughX Men 3 3.5/5Spidey 3 (not saying :) )Fantastic Four 2 ughIron Man 5/5Wolverine (not saying)Iron Man 2 5/5Thor 3/5Captain America 5/5Avengers 5/5Iron Man 3 2/5Can't remember much from Spidey Man and Incredible Hulk.DCBatman 2/5Batman Forever 5/5 (huge Carrey/ Lee Jones fan)Batman Begins ughSuperman Returns pretty goodDark Knight 5/5Dark Knight Rises ugh, but need to see again Man of Steel 5/5

Marvel 

The Punisher (2004) - 6/10

X-Men - 6/10

X2 - 7/10

X3- 5/10

Origins: Wolverine  - 3/10

First Class - 6/10

The Wolverine - 4/10

Spider-Man - 7/10

Spider-Man 2- 8/10

Spider-Man 3 -5/10

ASM - 7/10