Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

She is annoying as heck. If the makers of Alita are really doing that, does she really think they are doing it of kindness and altruism and not because they are trying to drum up some buzz??

Jim has done all sorts you probably haven't heard about because he doesn't advertise it.

Jim is justice

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

When the worst roast South Park can come up with us that you "raise the bar" and do great things without an ulterior motive, I think you've reached SaintHood. 

:Gaga:

There’s more:

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, The Futurist said:

Why can't we love both ?

I mean, fucking seriously, how hard this can be ?

Rather can't we take both on a case by case basis, judging each film on it's merits, rather then blind adolration  of a brand name and hatred for the other Brand?

I have been accused of being a die hard Marvel fan, despite the fact I pretty much panned Iron Man 3 and Thor 2,and praised Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and even overall liked Man Of Steel.

It has become like real life politics;it not even about policy, it's about sticking it to the other guy.

j

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Rather can't we take both on a case by case basis, judging each film on it's merits, rather then blind adolration  of a brand name and hatred for the other Brand?

I have been accused of being a die hard Marvel fan, despite the fact I pretty much panned Iron Man 3 and Thor 2,and praised Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and even overall liked Man Of Steel.

It has become like real life politics;it not even about policy, it's about sticking it to the other guy.

j

Same for me. Last year my favorite comic book movie was Ant-man and the Wasp and my least favorite was Aquaman. The only reason I'm more inclined to defend DC and to be critical on Marvel is simply because DC has made several movies that I enjoy, while with Marvel movies most of them have been disappointing to me. What I would really like would be for both of them to make movies I like to watch.

But here's the thing: There are other people who want different things from movies. So if all the movies were made the way I want, they wouldn't have any movie to enjoy. So, it's a good thing that studios make movies I enjoy and other studios make movies I don't enjoy. Because that mean other people also have movies they can enjoy.

That's why the reaction to BVS created such a toxic debate online, haters of that movie simply didn't want to accept that there's this whole other half of the world who got exactly what they always dreamed about seeing on the big screen and absolutely loved that movie. There was a very selfish behavior from people who didn't like that movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Same for me. Last year my favorite comic book movie was Ant-man and the Wasp and my least favorite was Aquaman. The only reason I'm more inclined to defend DC and to be critical on Marvel is simply because DC has made several movies that I enjoy, while with Marvel movies most of them have been disappointing to me. What I would really like would be for both of them to make movies I like to watch.

But here's the thing: There are other people who want different things from movies. So if all the movies were made the way I want, they wouldn't have any movie to enjoy. So, it's a good thing that studios make movies I enjoy and other studios make movies I don't enjoy. Because that mean other people also have movies they can enjoy.

That's why the reaction to BVS created such a toxic debate online, haters of that movie simply didn't want to accept that there's this whole other half of the world who got exactly what they always dreamed about seeing on the big screen and absolutely loved that movie. There was a very selfish behavior from people who didn't like that movie.

I've always been curious: what didn't you like about Aquaman?

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It doesn't exist in a finished form.  It would require VFX, probably additional filming and editing  It would cost $10s of millions.

This is what people just don’t seem to grasp. WB already didn’t make anything off JL, I highly doubt they want to put another cent into it.

With that said, I would definitely watch it if it was ever made lol.