WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

34 minutes ago, bladels said:

Adele is not that successful in Asia tho. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are still bigger than her.

Are you sure about that? Adele is huge EVERYWHERE. If she wasn't, she wouldn't get 30m sales for her album. Adele's new song was #1 on iTunes in 90+ countries, including countries in Asia. Here, people all ages love Adele, while Katy Perry is only popular among younger people. And Lady Gaga? She's not what she used to be.

Edited by catlover

Is Peanuts Blue Sky's highest opening since Ice Age 4? I wouldn't be surprised if more animated studios are encouraged to release animated films against big blockbusters in November or December although I doubt they'll schedule them against say a live action Disney fairytale film,

2 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I think Thor 2 2nd weekend (36M) is a good target, after that a bigger drop to mid 10s.

A 50% drop?  Skyfall dropped 53.5% and that was excluding the $2.2m in Thur IMAX.  Yes, Twilight opened but they didn't have much of a cross over demo and QOS's second w/e was also against Twlight and it dropped 60%

1 minute ago, catlover said:

LOL are you sure about that? Adele is huge EVERYWHERE. If she wasn't, she wouldn't get 30m sales for her album. Adele's new song was #1 on iTunes in 90+ countries, including countries in Asia. Here, people all ages love Adele, while Katy Perry is only popular among younger people. And Lady Gaga? She's not what she used to be.

Dont get me wrong, Adele is huge in Asia just not as huge as LG and Katy. And older people in Asia rarely buy Western music.

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

Holy Shit. Lady Gaga hasn't been relevant for 4 years over here.

Gaga is one of few Western artists can compete with local musicians in sale, especially in Japan.

She is still #4  Highest-Paid Women in Music in US, isn't she?

Edited by bladels

23 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I've seen those 2 million estimates and I just don't see how.  I mean it would be incredible but I just can't fathom that in the digital age.  I know a lot of her fanbase still buys physical product but for now I'm going with 1.5.

I don't see it either. But I also thought it's impossible for a song to sell 1m downloads in a week with overall digital sales declining. So with Adele, we never know.

Anyway, back to the box office. I think (and I hope) Spectre will get to 200m. It's not as good as Skyfall but I enjoyed the movie a lot and don't really understand the hate it's getting.

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A 50% drop?  Skyfall dropped 53.5% and that was excluding the $2.2m in Thur IMAX.  Yes, Twilight opened but they didn't have much of a cross over demo and QOS's second w/e was also against Twlight and it dropped 60%

Of course Spectre should drop anywhere between 57-62%.

2 hours ago, misafeco said:

So SPECTRE can drop 35% from Skyfall total? That's a lot, more than any of the recent blockbuster sequels. WWW?

That's a bigger drop than AOU.

Both movies were lackluster follow ups to break out hits. 

Though that's pretty standard in Hollywood.

• Like 1