WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Hollywood Reporter 

According to early returns, the final installment is on course to gross roughly $49 million for the day and $110 million for the weekend, behind the $121.9 million domestic opening of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 on the same weekend a year ago. Friday's number includes $16 million in Thursday night previews.

[/quote]

Variety also says about 110m 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-mockingjay-2-hunger-games-night-beforellion-weekend-in-u-s-1201645714/

20 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It was the only successful one, The Maze Runner had potential but faded with Scorching Trials...It's a trend that passed its sell-by date apparently.

But who cares? Captain America 3 and Batman vs Superman will destroy everything :wub:B)

Not much of a Star Wars fan so both of those are my next most anticipated movies. 

Star Wars is serious stuff.

Who has the force ? Who hasn't ?

How the new lightsaber work ?

Is BB-8 a she ?

Is Luke evil ?

Is that a new Deathstar ?

Is jar jar back ?

Whose death Rey is crying for in that cold forest ?

Are there CGI stormtroopers ?

Did they shot the movie on practical sets ?

Is there a space battle ?

Do Old Han & Leia make out?

Is it a TRAP ?

Is there a light saber fight ?

The Jedis legends, are they true what they say ?

So many burning questions that will determine the fate of Humanity as we know it.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Also, this little look into Tele's subconscious from last year's thread

On 11/22/2014, 7:46:56, Telemachos said:

I dreamt there was a super late-night update that MJ1 had way over performed and Lionsgate was claiming a 66.1m Friday. The thread was chaos: some people were flat-out disbelieving it and calling it worse than Puerto Rico, Kelli was handing out crow to everyone like you wouldn't believe, and even Rth popped in to say there'd be a mistake and a bunch of new, previously unseen data had suddenly come in.

In related news, I need a life.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Star Wars is serious stuff.

Who has the force ? Who hasn't ?

How the new lightsaber work ?

Is BB-8 a she ?

Is Luke evil ?

Is that a new Deathstar ?

Is jar jar back ?

Whose death Rey is crying for in that cold forest ?

Are there CGI stormtroopers ?

Did they shot the movie on practical sets ?

Is there a space battle ?

Do Old Han & Leia make out?

Is it a TRAP ?

Is there a light saber fight ?

The Jedis legends, are they true what they say ?

So many burning questions that will determine the fate of Humanity as we know it.

Biggest question - Will it be good?  I'll wait for reviews and WOM because I'm still feeling burned by the prequels and I'm ho-hum on JJs Star Trek re-boot

• Like 1

Guys this thread is just the prove that the hungergames died.. I mean last year there were atleast 80 pages on the preview numbers, everybody was talking about it. Now there is only 13 pages with the friday estimation included....