Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

kayumanggi

FIRST MAN | 10.12.18 | Universal | Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling | Neil Armstrong biopic

Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?

http://deadline.com/2015/11/ryan-gosling-neil-armstrong-movie-first-man-damien-chazelle-1201636876/

Universal’s Neil Armstrong biopic First Man is still being written and still being developed, but I’m hearing that Ryan Gosling is being courted to play the famed astronaut for Whiplash helmer Damien Chazelle, who is directing a script by Spotlight scribe Josh Singer.

First Man is based on James Hansen’s biography First Man: A Life Of Neil A. Armstrong and the astronaut’s historical 1969 mission on Apollo 11 is approaching its 50-year anniversary. Chazelle boarded the pic in the spring after it had originated at Warner Bros with Clint Eastwood planning to direct in produce. Temple Hill partners Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen are producing now.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/damien-chazelle-ryan-gosling-neil-armstrong-biopic-first-man-1201949407/

Oscar-nominated director Damien Chazelle and his “La La Land” star Ryan Gosling are officially set to reteam on Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong biopic “First Man” for Universal Pictures.

Chazelle is directing a script by Oscar-winning “Spotlight” scribe Josh Singer. Previously reports said that Gosling was the choice for the role but at the time a script was still being written and no formal offer had been delivered.

Sources now tell Variety that a deal is closed for Gosling to star and it is likely that the film will shoot in early 2017.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

How much jazz did he listen to on his way to the moon?

Maybe some Stewart Copeland Hi-Hat syncopation will come in handy here.

Very interesting choice for Chazelle, who I'm sure had the pick of almost anything he wanted to do. Pretty excited though. You think it will be ready for end of next year?

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Very interesting choice for Chazelle, who I'm sure had the pick of almost anything he wanted to do.

Iron Man 4.

:thinking:

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Very interesting choice for Chazelle, who I'm sure had the pick of almost anything he wanted to do. Pretty excited though. You think it will be ready for end of next year?

Maybe. It took a year for La La Land to begin screening at festivals, although this likely has a much higher budget. With some effort I'd guess it's possible.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Maybe. It took a year for La La Land to begin screening at festivals, although this likely has a much higher budget. With some effort I'd guess it's possible.

These award type movies seem to have a quick turnaround, though I'm guessing this will probably more VFX heavy. I think La La Land took an especially long time to edit.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

La La Land was supposed to open in the summer but was moved to Christmas once they knew they had an Oscar player on their hands.

• Like 2

I'm interested in the subject matter so this may get a viewing from me :) 

• Like 1

The Hollywood Reporter piece on La La Land said it spent almost a year in the editing room before Chazelle was satisfied with the tone. This should be less tricky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Interesting to see Chazelle doing something he didn't write

If he wants to pile up the Oscars, he's gonna have to make some sacrifices.

• Like 1