#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

I actually thought this movie was going to make A LOT more WW. I was wrong. I don't think it'll even top Jurassic World for #1 WW in 2015. :(:(

It wasn't released in China. It could beat this weekend if the estimates go up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

It wasn't released in China. It could beat this weekend if the estimates go up. 

Yeah, plus it'll have stronger legs as a December release WW compared to JW.  Plus nearly beating it without all of its markets, including China, (JW had them all) is impressive.

Just wow, 238 is stunning if that holds but like others I think it will increase a bit today. Nothing in the near future will get close to that number.

Also for those that didn't know...haha Disney & AMC know their fanbase, from their facebook:

12373221_1071429562908644_35120435880809

"Each Sunday from December 20 to January 10, guests who attend Star Wars: The Force Awakens in IMAX 3D at AMC theaters will receive an exclusive print from artist Dan Mumford. A new poster will be revealed each week.

This week, fans can take home a gorgeous Jakku sunset."

Well too bad they didn't give out those posters for the Thursday premiere but for die hard Star Wars fans who were already going to go back for repeat showings, here's yet another reason with a different poster every Sunday. That's huge for collectors.

And people seriously upset about WW? This didn't include China...JW did and this still got damn close.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Surprisingly, I'm a fan. Still weak sauce compared to the early stuff, but it's my favorite record overall since Viva.

You ready for the Super Bowl?

Will be epic halftime show for reactions alone.

• Like 3