WrathOfHan

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D | August 25, 2017 at AMC Theaters, everywhere else one week later

Great news! I've never saw T2 on a big screen (it's my favourite movie of all time!), and 3D re-release means new blu-ray transfer (current blu-ray transfers are pretty bad = just old HD DVD transfers + DNR in Skynet Edition). I hope for new look of the movie like Cameron did with The Terminator, Aliens and Titanic (better contrast, new color-timing, much more details).

40 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

T2's WW is at $519M WW. How high will this re-release push it too?

I think $630 mln WW is in the game. About $35 mln DOM + $60-65 mln China + more than $10 mln from the rest of markets. It might finish under $600M of course, but it also might go much higher thanks to China.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Wish it was a 2D re-release instead.

Terminator 1 and 2 were re-released along with Genisys here, not sure about where you. I agree though, it sucks that on the rare occasion that we do get to see older films (which I wish happened more often), they are deliberately exclusively released in a worse format.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr 3va2an said:

So this is how they'll fund Terminator Geni2ys

Actually no, this is a refund for Terminator Genisys.

If you went to see Terminator Genisys in theaters, then you are entitled to free admission to this movie. :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Terminator 1 and 2 were re-released along with Genisys here, not sure about where you. I agree though, it sucks that on the rare occasion that we do get to see older films (which I wish happened more often), they are deliberately exclusively released in a worse format.

Yeah we don't really get those kind of releases here when it's a new sequel coming out. But we do get really old ones presented by Turner Classic Movies. I got to see the 1931 Dracula at the local theater during the week of Halloween. Also they will have Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid during January. Got to see Jaws during the summer for 40th anniversary.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah we don't really get those kind of releases here when it's a new sequel coming out. But we do get really old ones presented by Turner Classic Movies. I got to see the 1931 Dracula at the local theater during the week of Halloween. Also they will have Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid during January. Got to see Jaws during the summer for 40th anniversary.

That's neat. I live in quite a culturally rich area and studios don't seem to keep quite as firm a grip on older titles in the UK, so we're blessed with some pretty great rereleases.

This year I've seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, The Shining, Raiders of the Lost Ark (sequels were shown too but I had to miss them!), The Dark Knight trilogy, and Die Hard. The cinema I work in had a season of horror re-releases, every Friday night including The Exorcist, Carrie, Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Poltergeist and others. Other cinemas in my town have had everything from Lawrence of Arabia to ET to Titanic (2D!! :lol: ). This xmas there are things like Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life. I've missed some real gems but I'm sure there'll be even more next year.

Re-releases should be much more widespread, I think it's really wonderful when you're able to see a classic on the big screen, especially when some people will be introduced to the film for the first time in that format. It brings the movie to a new audience.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

That's neat. I live in quite a culturally rich area and studios don't seem to keep quite as firm a grip on older titles in the UK, so we're blessed with some pretty great rereleases.

This year I've seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, The Shining, Raiders of the Lost Ark (sequels were shown too but I had to miss them!), The Dark Knight trilogy, and Die Hard. The cinema I work in had a season of horror re-releases, every Friday night including The Exorcist, Carrie, Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Poltergeist and others. Other cinemas in my town have had everything from Lawrence of Arabia to ET to Titanic (2D!! :lol: ). This xmas there are things like Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life. I've missed some real gems but I'm sure there'll be even more next year.

Re-releases should be much more widespread, I think it's really wonderful when you're able to see a classic on the big screen, especially when some people will be introduced to the film for the first time in that format. It brings the movie to a new audience.

:ohmygod: 

I wish studios and theaters would rerelease more movies during dead periods.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:ohmygod: 

I wish studios and theaters would rerelease more movies during dead periods.

Yeah, these are more down to the cinemas. They're not fully-fledged "re-releases" in the sense that they are wide release or showing for weeks; it's usually just a one-off showing at one venue. But it's still really neat.

Sometimes it feels a little bit of a rip-off - like for ET, it was literally just projecting a blu-ray disc of the movie and selling tickets for that. But at the end of the day, it's freaking ET on a massive cinema screen; the parents said it was absolutely magical watching it with their kids.

Speaking of re-releases, I'm just looking now and in January there is a showing of TOTAL RECALL!!!! but it is almost 3 hours away. I'm so damn tempted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Yeah, these are more down to the cinemas. They're not fully-fledged "re-releases" in the sense that they are wide release or showing for weeks; it's usually just a one-off showing at one venue. But it's still really neat.

Sometimes it feels a little bit of a rip-off - like for ET, it was literally just projecting a blu-ray disc of the movie and selling tickets for that. But at the end of the day, it's freaking ET on a massive cinema screen; the parents said it was absolutely magical watching it with their kids.

Speaking of re-releases, I'm just looking now and in January there is a showing of TOTAL RECALL!!!! but it is almost 3 hours away. I'm so damn tempted.

That seems to happen more in the UK. There's one theater around me that does some classic film re-releases on some weekends, but it's not heavily advertised, and the big theater chains don't really do it.

10 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I'd go for it, TR is Arnold's best.

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'd go for it, TR is Arnold's best.

Yeah, it's one of my favourite films.

22 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

That seems to happen more in the UK. There's one theater around me that does some classic film re-releases on some weekends, but it's not heavily advertised, and the big theater chains don't really do it.

One of the cinemas in my town does "Vintage Sundays"; every Sunday afternoon they put on an old classic. Hitchcock, Kubrick, Lang, Tarkovsky... every sunday afternoon. It's good.

• Like 1

Aside from the chance for fans to see it on the big screen, another great thing about this is we're gonna most likely finally get a real 4K re-mastered blu-ray of this (like how Cameron did on Titanic, which you gotta get the best image quality to provide the best 3D quality). All the existing blu-rays of this movie got terrible image quality so this is a very good chance. So I hope a new blu-ray release IS a part of this plan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Aside from the chance for fans to see it on the big screen, another great thing about this is we're gonna most likely finally get a real 4K re-mastered blu-ray of this (like how Cameron did on Titanic, which you gotta get the best image quality to provide the best 3D quality). All the existing blu-rays of this movie got terrible image quality so this is a very good chance. So I hope a new blu-ray release IS a part of this plan.

More than likely with UHD Blu-Ray coming out next year

• Like 1