WrathOfHan

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D | August 25, 2017 at AMC Theaters, everywhere else one week later

5 hours ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

That's neat. I live in quite a culturally rich area and studios don't seem to keep quite as firm a grip on older titles in the UK, so we're blessed with some pretty great rereleases.

This year I've seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, The Shining, Raiders of the Lost Ark (sequels were shown too but I had to miss them!), The Dark Knight trilogy, and Die Hard. The cinema I work in had a season of horror re-releases, every Friday night including The Exorcist, Carrie, Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Poltergeist and others. Other cinemas in my town have had everything from Lawrence of Arabia to ET to Titanic (2D!! :lol: ). This xmas there are things like Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life. I've missed some real gems but I'm sure there'll be even more next year.

Re-releases should be much more widespread, I think it's really wonderful when you're able to see a classic on the big screen, especially when some people will be introduced to the film for the first time in that format. It brings the movie to a new audience.

Gosh, I am jealous of all the old movies you've been able to see on the big screen. That's a pretty cool situation in your neck of the woods.

• Like 5

Finally, given the excitement around what he’s in San Diego to promote, as well as 3D theatrical releases of “Titanic” (2012) and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” (this October), going back to the well of his successes is a business prospect not at all lost on Cameron. On that note, he has some good news for fans who have been clamoring for a Blu-ray release of “The Abyss.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/james-cameron-on-why-avatar-needs-three-sequels-and-details-on-an-abyss-blu-ray-release-1201821558/

Thanks to @Elessar for scouting the info in the article

• Like 1