CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

Just now, CJ Ren said:

Point Break and Daddy's Home are coming. 

THE POINT BREAK RUNNING JOKE IS PLAYED OUT.

I might check out DH though. The last Whalberg/Ferrell pairing had me in stitches past the end credits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I dont know if anyone else agrees, but Xmas 2009 will never be beat. Avatar, Holmes, and Alvin were ridiculous. Alvin wouldve done over $70 it didnt open on Wednesday! Its Complicated surprised, and TBS and TPATF were legging out like ive never seen.

While this SW run is legendary, I wish the wealth was spread more. I know yall hate Alvin, but imagine if Alvin and Sisters had pulled $30M+.

Thats why Xmas 09 will always be #1. Wish we couldve seen a little more of that here. Maybe the Xmas releases will surprise, but I dont know.

It was fantastic to track & tiring if you worked at a theater haha.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

He's been helped by two amazing franchises, & he's played the game as well as you possibly can.

Hey in Hollywood, it really helps when you have good connections. Doesn't take away from Ford's overall success though.

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I might check out DH though. The last Whalberg/Ferrell pairing had me in stitches past the end credits.

The Other Guys was a lot of fun but this one looks painfully bad. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superdeluxe said:

162 million would put it at #7 of all time biggest weekends.

tumblr_nzru1nSAbJ1t4k9doo1_1280.png

Katniss really would be getting crushed.

Star Wars OD over Mockingajy Part 2 OW, Star Wars first week could go over Hunger Games Domestic if it keeps it up, and Star Wars 2nd Weekend over Catching Fire OW...  Star Wars 3rd Weekend over Mockingjay Part 2 OW? :ph34r:

Edited by The Panda Menace
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Fuck Avatar. I'm glad it's going down 

Lol its not going down, wishful thinking from Star Wars diehards. The best bet is domestic as this movie isn't getting close to 2.7 worldwide, rightfully so. TFA is overrated, enjoyed Avatar much more. Doesn't deserve the hate it gets. 

Edited by Sagemode87
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

The Other Guys was a lot of fun but this one looks painfully bad. 

The basketball bit was the hardest ive laughed from a trailer this year, so ill do a cheap tuesday or something, but I need to see it.

Went to an xmas party sunday and some others were chatting how funny it looks, so i wont be the only person in the theater lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

Avatar was a gimmick. Brand new 3d format. SW7 will beat it WW w/o gimmick bump but yes OS may not happen. But then again what does Avatar do w/o the new gimmick. The sequel will prove that point.

Matching Titanic adjusted is a feat domestically when factoring Internet piracy and second market release which is half the time in titanic day plus home theater improvements.

ANH was groundbreaking with its special effects and something new and fantastical in a decade saturated with realism. It was pre-video.

SW7 has so many disadvantages compared to the 3 above mentioned and yet looking to meet or beat them. Tgats why its shaping up to be the biggest run of all time. Nothing will surpass it for years to come.

Damn right I sound american and God bless it. Where Tom Edison invented the light bulb, then 20 years later the motion picture then 30 years later, motion picture with sound.  No America, no Tom Edison and no avatar for you! Sitting in the dark, eating potatos and speaking german or russian:P

Avatar was a widely enjoyed movie that used it's new format to its advantage. It's blue ray sales proved that it wasn't just the 3D that brought in the crowds, Pandora itself was the biggest selling point Imo. That's no more a gimmick than being a sequel to a hugely successful franchise fueled by nostalgia. If it tops avatar worldwide then we can talk but as of now you've only claimed passing 1b in the US is more impressive even if it fails to reach Avatars worldwide tally, I'm disagreeing with that.

2 can play this game

No England, no America full stop ;)