CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

5 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Xia at KJ is calling $1B now. He's maybe the best predictor in the industry. 

At this point how can you not?  I'm truly blown away by this number, the Monday number.  In a way, it's more impressive than the opening day.  On it's fourth day, its causing panic in every theater...long lines, hysteria, clapping at theaters, and so on.  But to drop 33% or so on after a record opening weekend, well, it's just mind blowing.

If XIA says its doing a billion, then I believe in Xia.  Sign me up.

• Like 12

I hope avatar keeps its worldwide record. It was nice looking at the biggest movies of all time despite most being sequels it was good to see 2 original films stand way higher than the rest. If SW managed to top avatar worldwide, it would be boring. The first film Ever to become the highest grossing movie of all time without surprising many people, we don't want that, with all the hype it feels like a cheat.

Who cares?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Not indicative of Monday's numbers but here's some stats from my theatre.

TFA did the equivalent of $278M for opening weekend; Sunday actually INCREASED from Saturday here and did the equivalent of $85M alone. Then, Monday comes along, my manager expects it to slow down a bit until Tuesday madness, doesn't put too many staff on (I'm one of them) then a hoard of people show up and Star Wars makes the equivalent of $71M today.

JESUS!!!

Are you serious?  That's insane buddy. 

4 hours ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Why are people saying it is almost a lock to beat Avatar? 

domestically Avatar is done.  There's no question anymore. 

• Like 5

I don't see how SW tops Avatar WW, that 2.7 billion number is just silly.  But on the North American front, we will have a new box office king in about 3 weeks. 

As for Kal, it doesn't matter how much TFA does, he will never give it credit.  You guys either don't know Kal or you just forget annoying he is. He'll grind you down with his talk of Avatar 2 passing TFA, then he'll go into admissions.  Then he'll go into combining Cameron's Titanic and Avatar together...and he'll be completely serious about it.  My advice is to leave him alone....we don't need his warped mentality anywhere near here. 

• Like 14

40M is beyond epic

Tuesday could stay flat or see a slight decrease. Wednesday kids are out of school. Can't see a drop over 10%.

Maybe... 

40M

38M

35M

25M - 138M

45M

47M

38M - 130M

248 + 268 = 516M 10days

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

SW: TFA needs to make 765 M plus before 2016 starts to beat Universal for the yearly crown. It should have been easy had TGD not disappointed.

Yeah that's lost for Disney they can't win the year, TFA won't do that much before Dec. 31st. Universal had a crazy good year though so that's deserved. Disney has crazy good year every year and will have other.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I wonder how much it would of made if Next Monday had been its first Monday, when most people are off work.

I don't think it matters.  You are talking about a 33% drop after a 60 million dollar Sunday.  People found a way to see it regardless of when they were off work.