baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Tuesday: Jurassic World ($24m)

Wednesday: Transformers ($29m)

Thursday: Transformers 2 ($29m)

All of them are non-opening days. If we look at every Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday:

Tuesday: The Amazing Spier.man ($35m)

Wednesday: Twilight: Eclipse ($68m)

Thursday: Revenge of the Sith ($50m)

Awesome. That's why i come here, for great information like this. :)

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

C'mon guys, the time for caution is over. Embrace the $1 billion. Let it  flow over you like you're Walter White. 

Nope, it's not over.

Way too early, way too few details out to have a real clue about the overspill percentage and so on.

Plus Christmas Eve, X-Mas,... maybe even weather,...

Many details will play into it, the irreguality the holidays usual have (as in all date bound holidays = changing weekday patterns), only very few examples to try to develop a calculation model out,....

It's one thing to be optimistic about something, but posts like yours are IMHO one of the main source for wrong high hopes and then disappointment and wrong statement about 'disappointing' numbers.

Are you delibertly trying to edge on others or are you really that optimistic? Based on your past posts in general I am more guessing poking, as you are usually not that of a fan of blockbuster movies or do I misunderstand some of your posts?

• Like 1

Avatar is locked. It needs a 3x. It's christmas. Thats easy.

But cloudy the future is. Because of the astounding first 4 days we have all been using avatars daily drops and future drops as a model for this. We can't do that simply because this opened so much higher. There's no way it can sustain this kind of pace going forward.

• Like 3

Speaking of a cloudy future, none of Concussion, Joy, The Big Short, Daddys Home, or Point Break are above 2% right now on movietickets.com. Not that you'd expect any of them to be putting up big numbers against Star Wars, but none of them seem to be making any sort of dent against even Sisters and Alvin.

Could Alvin and/or Sisters stay in the top 3 this weekend?

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$850m is locked and $900m seems very likely as well. $1B is certainly in play too. Would love to see it happen. 

I want $1b to happen just so I can be there when $1b happened.

• Like 3

Just to put into perspective let's remember how great this year has been:

6 films over $300m (excluding American Sniper)

3 films over $450m

2 films over $650m

The biggest unadjusted film ever

Maybe (and just maybe) the first film reaching 1 billion DOM

3 out 4 biggest openings ever

3 films over 1 billion OS (there were just 2 when 2015 began)

4 films over 1.4 billion WW (there were just 3 when 2015 began)

5 films over 1 billion WW (previous record: 4 films in 2012 with FAR better exchange rates)

What a great year to follow box office :)

Just let's hope 2016 can be great too, although it will be very hard to reach 2015 level.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2

Also this morning, rival box office analysts see The Force Awakens notching the best Tuesday ever with a projected $37.88M, which means that Episode VII beat another Sony Spider-Man title two days

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-fastest-300m-domestic-box-office-tuesday-record-jurassic-world-1201671524/

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Also this morning, rival box office analysts see The Force Awakens notching the best Tuesday ever with a projected $37.88M, which means that Episode VII beat another Sony Spider-Man title two days

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-fastest-300m-domestic-box-office-tuesday-record-jurassic-world-1201671524/

wow SUPER COOL !, love that number !! :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

This movie is still making money?

I know right?  I figured it would have been pulled and the screens given to The Heart of the Sea by now

• Like 1