Dementeleus

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

So in 7 days, it has made 51.4% of Avatar's final gross and sits at 22 all-time domestic. Passing BO behemoths Passion of the Christ, FN, ROTS and DH2, just yesterday. It'll be top 10 after today and top 5 by Sunday. If it continues this pace TA will be done on day 13 while JW/Titanic on 14 or 15 and Avatar by day 17. Unfucking believable at the speed it's boat rushing movies right now.  

Also Tele's Avatar+32% gap just hit 210M. 1B is happening folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmyzod::ohmygod:

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hey, you finally got to see it!

Happy to hear you liked it. Fingers crossed we will get soon some first estimates for your country too!

Yes finally did. And planning a re-watch ON SUNDAY!!!
Eagerly waiting for release of numbers. People are disappointed that it's releasing late. But the reasons behind it, they are not in a mood to understand. Due to the Buzz,reviews,numbers it created Worldwide,it would help definitely in a country like India were limited releases, no long runs etc. We like B.O phenomenons & juggernauts, i mean who doesn't. 
Disney really did a great job in this meantime(1 week), marketing the SHIT outta STAR WARS joining with Local and International tiers. So yeah the reactions are great it'll have good run & numbers.

Edited by Ash Skywalker
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It'll pass most of those today. :lol: 

Hence the reason I added till ~ $100m. I think it shows nicely how big an impact on the charts it has, as so many totsl incomes of famous / giants of BO gets surpassed... in 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 days

Nuts, simply nuts. :stretcher: 

Can't wait for the dailies for the next ~ 2 weeks - what a thrill in a way :popcorn:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Our local big IMAX theater has no showings today after 5 pm. This isn't sell outs, they are just closing early. How prevalent are early closings on Christmas and how much will that affect today's gross?

Mine doesn't have a 10:00 AM show but its last showing is still 11:20 PM.

6 hours ago, peludo said:

And the perspective that it can beat the Saturday record on its 2nd weekend after the OW record is ridiculous, absurd. It is like if you are leaving home and you forget the keys. "I have beaten Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... what do I forget? oh, Saturday. Ok, I will beat it on 2nd weekend..."

:rofl:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Our local big IMAX theater has no showings today after 5 pm. This isn't sell outs, they are just closing early. How prevalent are early closings on Christmas and how much will that affect today's gross?

USA?

40 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's been tracking with (or even surpassing) AVATAR's drops all week. Why would this day be an exception, especially since it was one of the biggest presale days (only below sneak previews and opening day).

That's whats surprising. Avatar became the perfect comp just at 2.5 times bigger. These guys are just afraid what the gross would look if it continued to follow Avatar but here is the thing, it doesn't need to follow Avatar after NY weekend, at the current pace it'll be well over 800M by then, even if it collapses a billion happens. I'm not sure what happened to CJohn but these numbers are making him very afraid. 

• Like 2