Dementeleus

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

4 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

wow there's some people on twitter very upset

apparently there's areas in Texas, East coast and other spots where every showing is sold out. the butthurt is real.

Is there anyone who still thinks it isn't breaking $60M today? Surely $70M isn't possible today, right? Right?

Edited by LonePirate

1 minute ago, smerfy01 said:

wow there's some people on twitter very upset

apparently there's areas in Texas, East coast and other spots where every showing is sold out. the butthurt is real.

It'd be really entertaining if a huge proportion of what would have been opening weekend demand just had Christmas pegged as their day to see it, and we see some ridiculous number today.

12 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

In all fairness, most of his movies are absolutely forgettable, like the abominable Prince of Persia, one of the worst movies ever. He's generally only remembered for making out with Heath Ledger up on that mountain.

Are you trashing JakeG? 

I mean I guess I can think of several occasions where his performance is better than the film he's in (Southpaw, Prisoners) 

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

In all fairness, most of his movies are absolutely forgettable, like the abominable Prince of Persia, one of the worst movies ever. He's generally only remembered for making out with Heath Ledger up on that mountain.

Dude, was amazing in Nightcrawler and Enemy.

He is awesome in Prisoners too! Still haven't watched Nightcrawler...

24 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

giphy.gif

Prince of Persia is flawless

• Like 3

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

He's awesome in it but the film isn't great.

Still haven't seem a lot of his stuff but Source Code is my favorite of his

Really? I love that movie, one of my favorite movies ever...

Hey, you're that guy who prefers the prequels, ain't ya?

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Shay took over Mr Pink's account.

I have long loved Prince of Persia because of Chesty Jake. You don't think it's a coincidence I casted Jake as my Aaron Rodgers?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I have long loved Prince of Persia because of Chesty Jake. You don't think it's a coincidence I casted Jake as my Aaron Rodgers?

I have nothing to say. Chesty Jake looked good, tho :lol: 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are you trashing JakeG? 

I mean I guess I can think of several occasions where his performance is better than the film he's in (Southpaw, Prisoners) 

Prisoners was one of the very best movies of 2013. He was fine in it. However, so was everybody else as was the directing and writing. He has made a handful of good movies (Donnie Darko, The Good Girl, Brokeback Mountain, Zodiac, Prisoners and Nightcrawler); but that Persia stench will haunt his career forever.

Edited by LonePirate

10 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Nightcrawler is fantastic. You really need to see it man.

Yeah, only heard good things about it. It's on my Netflix list, but you know, there are a lot of good movies out there... I was trying to complete the IMDb Top 250.

Also I have never watched the LoTR trilogy...

Anyways, we are off topic. How much does this need to make today to beat IM3 OW?