Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

Wasnt the Christmas day the third biggest day for Star Wars presales at fandango after Thursday night and Friday the 18th?

Walk up bussiness should be bigger than usual this weekend because of people who thought that all tickets where sold out last weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackspider said:

I don't believe anything deadline says. But the sell out reports are definitely encouraging. I'm still sticking with 55m Friday. 

you should see the pics of lines people are posting. pretty encouraging.

https://twitter.com/AmfFaps/status/680501330306150401

Edited by smerfy01
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Deadline right now says $170M-$180M

If you read through closley = not one new word about SW 7 (the rest I dind't even read), nothing specific

Boxofficemojo's predicition by 24 Dec. is $178.54m (they had 1 day more details)

BoxOffice.com 1 day earlier (before the Wednrsday / X-Mas Eve surprise) gave $163m

$170m ... and somewhere else $178m (forgot where, someone 'known' I read repeatedly in the net since the Wednesday & X-Mas Eve details become known.

= nothing new

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You guys going to create a Christmas weekend thread yet? We do have a DHD #.

Those are basically predictions. I mean, this is their number for Daddy's Home: 20-30M :kitschjob: I can do that as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LOL every single movie is selling out at my theater except for Point Break lolololol.

Going by DHD article everything is doing big business... except Point Break :lol:

Spotlight was fantastic. Honestly the perfect Christmas movie from a certain point of view. Definitely not light-hearted though.

Theater was a madhouse. Temperature is nice but it's pouring out so that should drive more people to the theater.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

Just now, CJ Ren said:

Going by DHD article everything is doing big business... except Point Break :lol:

To be fair, theater space is on the limited side with Star Wars consuming so many screens still (and getting all of the biggest ones, of course). But yeah, the openers are looking like they'll open at an at least "acceptable" level. Except for Point Break lol.