druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I can't find it on their website, where did you take that from?

Its in the chart right above the Saturday 11:52PM update.

1). Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DIS), 4,134 theaters (0) / $49.3M Fri. (-58%) / $59.5M Sat. (+15%) / $47.6M Sun. (-15%) / 3-day cume: $152M – $154M+ (-38%) / Total cume: $544M – $545M / Wk 2

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Looks like a typo to me because the $152-$154 doesn't fall in line with a $59.5 Saturday. I'm sure they meant $56.5

Doubt it 152-154+.  They did the same thing last weekend, for the total they put the Disney studio estimate of 238, but their actual dailies added up to ~245M and they had put in that rival studios were estimating much higher at 242-244+.

Just now, spizzer said:

Doubt it 152-154+.  They did the same thing last weekend, for the total they put the Disney studio estimate of 238, but their actual dailies added up to ~245M and they had put in that rival studios were estimating much higher at 242-244+.

EDIT: "Doubt it, it says 152-154+"

25 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I can't help roll my eyes when I see someone say "good" numbers.

Every single number since the beginning to its end will never be less than spectacular. 

"Good" excludes "spectacular?" I'm using it in terms of the dichotomy bad/good.

1 hour ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Also bitched slap Avengers. People thought Avengers was this generation Star Wars :lol:

Let's not diss MCU. Disney probably wouldn't have seen the value of endless SW spin offs without the success of MCU.

Marvel paved the way for the LucasFilm buyout and the SW cinematic universe.

4 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The movie studios won't allow theaters to report the ticket sales. Movie studios love inflation and other gimmicks (PLF, IMAX, 3D) because the higher ticket prices hide the fact attendance is way down from the glory days of the movie studios. 

Force Awakens is gonna be our first 100m ticket seller since Titanic. That's incredible for any movie but especially for a sequel. 

Is it possible to ever determine ACTUAL attendance? Can we trust mojo? TFA is at about 63m tickets sold, according to mojo. Would need $833m to get to 100m tickets sold by that ratio. I think though that they're conflating all the formats into one. @spizzer - you can back me up on this one.

Ugh! It's like trying to adjust int'l grosses for inflation or exchange rates. It's too complicated. I feel like this IS doable but IF we have the attendance numbers broken out by format. As you guys already mention, it depends on what the studios disclose. 

• Like 1