druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

That was subtle, though. But when Chewie was stabbing that tiny Lucas doll with needles, that was a bit much.

What about when Luke, Leia and Han team up and beat the crap out of Lucas while Abrams puts a Jar Jar Binks statue all inside Lucas's ass?

• Like 4

Was gonna go to TFA again tonight but the weather is atrocious here. I'll have to settle for Spotify's "Best of Star Wars" playlist sans TFA (don't listen to tracks until after films are out of theaters)

...I don't know why Victory Celebration is here though

Just finished watching the original trilogy for the first time and it was such a fun experience. Idk why but it just made me feel good and the movies were great as well. I already knew most of the spoilers and plot details prior to watching this too but it was still such a good series. I guess ill watch all the prequels tomorrow and will watch TFA on Wednesday. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, spizzer said:

Whoa, what?  Lots of problems here.  What lead you to assume I was a TDK fan?  It's a fun summer blockbuster with an awesome performance by Ledger but suffers from choppy editing, Zimmer's excessive droning, and a campy 3rd act.  Anyway, my opinions on TDK are irrelevant, the validity of my argument is more important, which it seems like you've simply dismissed because you just assumed I'm an irrational TDK fan (and it seems like you're not grasping how the admissions break down).  

Because TDK fans are kinda crazy and use double standards.   You posted the link to BOM and used it to say,  "It sold 74M tickets."

On 12/27/2015 at 1:18 PM, spizzer said:

Guys: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

TDK came out before the RealD/3D/IMAX boom.  It sold 74M tickets.  

Would it sell 74M tickets today with a 3D share that would take it to 770M?  Who knows?  I think arguing that it wouldn't is fair.

But TFA needs to gross around 770M to match TDK's admissions.  It doesn't matter how much 3D would affect TDK, that's a different conversation entirely.

....But then are going to completely discount BoM when it comes to Avengers.   That is very convenient for TDK, isn't it?    That's why I think you are a TDK fan because that's how they act.

Uhh, yeah, its called contextualization.  There's a significant difference in ticket prices because of 3D.  This isn't some revolutionary concept.  I don't really care about making either one look better/worse than the other.

There is an even more significant difference in ticket prices because of inflation and that wasn't a part of the conversation when TDK was passing older films.  I'm not supposed to notice how the conversation changed when TDK was on the other side?

Logically speaking, because we're looking at a May vs. July, the May weekend would draw relatively more children than July, given that they'd have schools running during the week and they'd be more available to watch over the weekend, whereas TDK can have a more even distribution of children coming in during the weekend and the weekdays.  

Beyond that, we have no factual record to suggest that either one of them sold more children's tickets.  That would be an assumption based on nothing but whim.  I don't like assuming things without support, but you seem to be fond of doing so.

Which is one of the problems with estimating admissions, isn't it?   There is no way to nail down things like discounted tickets.   You have to say "somewhere in the vicinity" to describe 3D share.  That's why no one can make the claims you are making as if you have hard numbers to go by.  Admissions is about estimating and guessing.  You come to different conclusions than BoM, but that doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.   

As of now, Avengers is listed above TDK on all the lists so speculating is fun but certainly not factual.  You are acting like you are speaking in absolute facts or something.      I think I'll stick with BoM....and not just when it's convenient like you did.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I imagine you're not a Fast & Furious fan, otherwise I feel sorry for you being subjected to "See You Again" constantly on the radio

Haha, I meant score. I don't mind listening to songs much out of context, but luckily, I don't listen to the radio so I win either way

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Because TDK fans are kinda crazy and use double standards.   You posted the link to BOM and used it to say,  "It sold 74M tickets."

....But then are going to completely discount BoM when it comes to Avengers.   That is very convenient for TDK, isn't it?    That's why I think you are a TDK fan because that's how they act.

There is an even more significant difference in ticket prices because of inflation and that wasn't a part of the conversation when TDK was passing older films.  I'm not supposed to notice how the conversation changed when TDK was on the other side?

Which is one of the problems with estimating admissions, isn't it?   There is no way to nail down things like discounted tickets.   You have to say "somewhere in the vicinity" to describe 3D share.  That's why no one can make the claims you are making as if you have hard numbers to go by.  Admissions is about estimating and guessing.  You come to different conclusions than BoM, but that doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.   

As of now, Avengers is listed above TDK on all the lists so speculating is fun but certainly not factual.  You are acting like you are speaking in absolute facts or something.      I think I'll stick with BoM....and not just when it's convenient like you did.

I know this will sound odd coming from me of all people, but you need to calm down.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I did the math. TDK wins.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Dude, it's 53 and it sprinkled for a few minutes a couple of hours ago. It's apocalyptic out here. 

Down in San Diego I woke to temperatures in the high 30s.  Warmed up to 55 (shockingly low), but now there's water falling out of the sky and I don't know what to make of it.

Surely the world is ending.

• Like 5