druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is that like the "math" that puts Interstellar ahead of Gravity and The Martian? ;)

I doubt that's true.  I just did a quick estimate for Gravity vs. Interstellar OWs and even with Gravity's 80% 3D share (59% standard, 21% IMAX) it comes out ever so slightly ahead of Interstellar for OW.  We know it had better legs, and their IMAX screen retention should have been similar.  It's highly unlikely that Interstellar sold more tickets overall (anyone have any late run IMAX or 3D reports from either film?).  Martian OW from my estimates (43% RealD, 11% PLF, 54% 3D overall, no IMAX) is marginally ahead of both of the others for OW.  It did gain IMAX later in its run so its hard to calculate, but I think their grosses are probably a pretty accurate assessment of their attendance rankings, but their admissions are probably reasonably close overall.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

I still say TFA is gonna make at least 300 million in China. Everything I've read says that the hype is ramping up to another level after the premiere. Think TFA will unseat Furious 7 as the 3rd place OS champ and end up with somewhere in the ballpark of 1.25 billion.

From foreign/western sites or Chinese ones? Decent hype I've seen from the Chinese ones but nothing to indicate great hype. Although the hype would have gone up after the premiere yeah.

Edited by FranMan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

WB is trying to fix the themes that got broken in the update last night.  It's best just to left the themes alone until he's done.

only trying to not use the snowy one as

1. makes me dizzy

2. got repeatedly named as the maybe source for possible problems

no critic, only a hint about different people maybe perceiving details differently

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm scared to glance at my derby score. Its going to be a disaster since everything didn't go as I expected lol. 

You'll get a week reprieve since we won't have actuals until the 4th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

only trying to not use the snowy one as

1. makes me dizzy

2. got repeatedly named as the maybe source for possible problems

no critic, only a hint about different people maybe perceiving details differently

Just choose one of the non-Holiday ones.

5 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Terrestrial, why are you still awake? School break?

Daddy's home FTW next weekend!!

You Americans really can blame OS for saving so many shitty movies and turning bullshit like T4 into great success, but then you make DH a hit and any credibility is lost.

I sleep only 2h in average anyway (but usually lay down and read a few hours more so the slides in the back can regenerate) and yes, I am working at a school, so for me too it is school break till 7 January.

But I should work at a project (different part time jobs), but for some .... 'strange' reasons ;) I seem not really getting onward(s)

• Like 1

Just now, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Can anyone recommend a documentary? Doesn't matter what it's about and what year it was released. Thanks

Anything but Al Jazeera documentaries. Complete false information given in those.

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I sleep only 2h in average anyway (but usually lay down and read a few hours more so the slides in the back can regenerate) and yes, I am working at a school, so for me too it is school break till 7 January.

But I should work at a project (different part time jobs), but for some .... 'strange' reasons ;) I seem not really getting onward(s)

2 hrs on average? You won't live to see Episode VIII

What do you teach? Physik? Chemie? 

4 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Just choose one of the non-Holiday ones.

haha, I dooooo, and than the forum changes back without my input (seemingly Water Bottle works on them), as the chosen theme is not longer availaable for a moment or longer I guess.

3 themes, 4 themes, 2 themes, 3 themes... to chose from

I seem to tend to chose the wrong / experimental one :D

Just now, terrestrial said:

haha, I dooooo, and than the forum changes back without my input (seemingly Water Bottle works on them), as the chosen theme is not longer availaable for a moment or longer I guess.

3 themes, 4 themes, 2 themes, 3 themes... to chose from

I seem to tend to chose the wrong / experimental one :D

I'm using TBOT Star Wars at the moment, and it hasn't changed for a few hours.

• Like 1