druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

5 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's not like she's just there for the sake of it. Ridley gives a great performance and the character is written well. 

I'm not saying she's a pointless character. She is a good character which was written into this film to add diversity in the hope it brings in a larger audience. She was far more enjoyable to watch than Hayden, however I think fin was my favourite character in TFA, he surprised me and looked like he was having the most fun.

5 hours ago, terrestrial said:

O man, you are soooo wrong. But as I am pretty sure you already read my explanations and hints about the differences between OD and OW... and this is only a repeat of the same discussions during MCU movies... is it possible that details seemingly confirming personal experience has a bit stronger impact into your awareness than those that disprove / weaken those? I hope this formulation doesn't appear arrogant or downspeaking to you, I am really only trying to give a hint that there might be a reason for missing details not matching to your POV?

I'm not saying women simply don't like Star wars, with numbers like these obviously that's not the case. Just saying it makes sense that men are the larger percentage of people watching this on its opening, it seems males care more for this franchise than females even if both show a lot of interest. I don't see what evidence out there disproves that? 

1 hour ago, K1Rey said:

I hate that the few people that didn't like SW are bitching at it because it's similar to the originals, whereas in the prequels people were bitching like hell because those went away from the originals and had WAY too much exposition. Now this is closer to the originals and has less exposition (because remember......there are 2 more films) and people are bitching that it's too close. I'm sitting here thinking: WHAT DO YOU WANT????

People like to bitch

Baseball: the revenue is too lopsided, not fair, alllows big cities to have a dynasty and smaller cities don't have a chance.

Football: the revenue is shared, not fair, you can't build a dynasty and who wants to see a small city in the super bowl anyway.

Such is life. 

Edited by No Prisoners

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

People like to bitch

Baseball: the revenue is too lopsided, not fair, alllows big cities to have a dynasty and smaller cities don't have a chance.

Football: the revenue is shared, not fair, you can't build a dynasty and who wants to see a small city in the super bowl anyway.

Such is life. 

That second one makes me wonder why the smaller cities even bother.   What is their purpose exactly if they don't have the same chance to win?   Fodder for the bigger teams?   A fan would be perfectly justified in picking one of the "approved" teams to root for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I'm not saying women simply don't like Star wars, with numbers like these obviously that's not the case. Just saying it makes sense that men are the larger percentage of people watching this on its opening, it seems males care more for this franchise than females even if both show a lot of interest. I don't see what evidence out there disproves that? 

formulation sounded more like you think the OD percentahes are typical. And way more general...

54% male to 46% female is the last I read, but I can now not remember if this includes the OD = is an in release average or if it is the actual split / after OD.

Not that big of a difference IMHO, especially if considering that some of my female RL friends will watch it for the 1st time earliest at 28 December or even at first after vacation (earliest 7. January 2016), due to X-Mas cooking, visiting grandparents,... stress.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Sitting in the Arclight Dome for the noon show, ready for a 3D laser viewing. People still coming in, the concession line is pretty robust right now. I'm guessing we'll end up around 50-60% full (the Dome seats over 800).

wnjoy your... day? Here it is already 21:00 / 9°° in the evening

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

That second one makes me wonder why the smaller cities even bother.   What is their purpose exactly if they don't have the same chance to win?   Fodder for the bigger teams?   A fan would be perfectly justified in picking one of the "approved" teams to root for.

Moneyball trying to level the field.  Another Mike Lewis book and movie. There is nice trilogy to watch.

Moneyball baseball

Blindside. Football 

The big short.   Get screwed ball

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Sitting in the Arclight Dome for the noon show, ready for a 3D laser viewing. People still coming in, the concession line is pretty robust right now. I'm guessing we'll end up around 50-60% full (the Dome seats over 800).

I'm really curious to hear how the 3D looks in the dome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

People like to bitch

Such is life. 

Well, it's not true for one. Small cities win all the time

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

People like to bitch

Such is life. 

A small city like Green Bay who have 4 Super Bowls and 9 World Championships?

• Like 2