druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Site for the 4th time today. Still doesn't get old and still as thrilling as before. I was speaking with a friend of mine who took his family to see it in Toronto and he said that they had a hard time getting tickets. It's going to be huge today.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

I can't verify if they're the same for obvious reasons, but anyone who thought the prequels were great I think that says enough for their taste of movies.

1/3 of the prequels are great :ph34r:

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Another awesome weekend!!

DH is a nice surprise. Didn't expect that at all lol

TFAs run is the most excited and fun I've had following box office since Avatar; and I thought it was good but I LOVE TFA!

Looking forward to seeing how H8 does. I think it will do quite well. 

• Like 2

I don't understand why the fans of the film can't handle some criticism justified or not. TFA is now 94% on RT and #34 on imdb, almost everyone loved it. There are few people who didn't and they can have an opinion too. Compared to the amount of hate other big movies (or the prequels) are getting this is nothing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummm... You guys said Prequels... As in plural. I believe you meant the first prequel. 

At most people will say the 3rd prequel, which is by far the best even with Hayden's bad acting. But I also like The Phantom Menace. Fuck Attack of the Clones, tho. 

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

At most people will say the 3rd prequel, which is by far the best even with Hayden's bad acting. But I also like The Phantom Menace. Fuck Attack of the Clones, tho. 

3rd prequel had one of the best action scenes at the volcano, probably redeemed it. Clones was okay, it just didn't stand out. TFM was the worst for me, so loooooooong and booooooooooring. Only good scene was the race scene.

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

3rd prequel had one of the best action scenes at the volcano, probably redeemed it. Clones was okay, it just didn't stand out. TFM was the worst for me, so loooooooong and booooooooooring. Only good scene was the race scene.

Idk, I liked a lot of stuff in The Phantom Menace. Anakin being born out of thin air is legit fucking ridiculous, tho. 

Attack of the Clones is death for me, except maybe for the scene where Obi-Wan goes to that weird planet to check the Clones.

3 hours ago, Vadermort said:

Some of them here predict 1.2bn-1.5bn overseas.... which is highly impossible.

Since TFA is not well known outside of USA and UK, a conservative prediction should be around 850m.....if it does that then it would be amazing.

I having a spreadsheet tracking all the Overseas gross compared to JW (1 Bil), Titanic (1.52 bil) and Avatar (2.02 bil).

TFA is tracking well over JW in most markets, just a few in South America look like it will be equal or fall just short. TFA is tracking at or above most countries for Titanic, however there are a few notables it will not even come come close to (Japan, Taiwan, Brazil being 3 big ones), but there are some markets where it could make up alot of ground (UK, Mexico, China, South Korea, Russia). The Key to beat Titanic is basically China perfoming at least JW (220 mil) and France and Germany get to at least 100 mil (would be 30 mil short a piece).

I agree Avatar OS is well out of reach, but Titanic OS is in play if a few things go its way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Best things about the Prequals:

TPM - Pod race, lightsaber duel, Qui-gon and Darth Maul

AOTC - Coruscant chase, Obi vs Jango, asteroid field sequence, Kamino scenes and last 30 minutes

ROTS - first 20-25min, opera scene, Palpatine, Obi vs Grevious, order 66 sequence, Mace vs Palp, Obi vs Anakin and Yoda vs Palp

That's the basics for me

The OT and TFA:

Pretty much everything lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tokila said:

I having a spreadsheet tracking all the Overseas gross compared to JW (1 Bil), Titanic (1.52 bil) and Avatar (2.02 bil).

TFA is tracking well over JW in most markets, just a few in South America look like it will be equal or fall just short. TFA is tracking at or above most countries for Titanic, however there are a few notables it will not even come come close to (Japan, Taiwan, Brazil being 3 big ones), but there are some markets where it could make up alot of ground (UK, Mexico, China, South Korea, Russia). The Key to beat Titanic is basically China perfoming at least JW (220 mil) and France and Germany get to at least 100 mil (would be 30 mil short a piece).

I agree Avatar OS is well out of reach, but Titanic OS is in play if a few things go its way. 

Titanic did $194m in China($44m+$150m)