#ED

Monday SW:TFA Estimate - 31.4M (-27%)

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

Nah. Should do titanic adjusted. All else is a waste of 1s n 0s

IMHO would that make no sense (I wouldn't even add Titanic on that graphic chart, only done via request), as too many details are not compareable.

In especial the nowadays complete other rythm of release BOs (OW multiplier... within which time frame) and max possible / aimed for running time / days.

SW 7's gets something digital at ~ 15 March and ~ 3 weeks later the disks on sale

and so on

Even Avatar had a release time frame not longer in use

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Hateful Eight is now opening wide on Wednesday (first it was January 8, then January 1, then December 31, now December 30, all within a span of like two weeks). This release plan has been such a mess haha.

That means I can see it at 6:00pm tomorrow instead of driving out of my way to see it in Arlington this week.  Nice.

Edited by The Panda Menace

21 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Watch the insults there bub.  

You see Sage, I can deal with the Kal's and the haters and the trolls.  I don't want everyone to like it and I don't want a Rotten Tomatoes score of 100.  What I do want is for you to stand there on your high and mighty soapbox and with your filthy uneducated mouth to extend the film and those who love it some fucking courtesy.  You gotta give it props and do it nicely.

That wasn't directly meant for the posters on this board. No need for direct insults. I stand by my opinion though, movies with weak villains don't deserve top grossing ever. If the fans loved it that much despite its huge flaws, then I guess it's the movie they deserve. 

5 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Tuesday could honestly be even bigger because weather will have died down by then...

Especial as this Tuesday is no longer the first Tuesday after the OW = normal rules should apply.

But with a $149m weekend beforehand? ....

1 minute ago, Sagemode87 said:

That wasn't directly meant for the posters on this board. No need for direct insults. I stand by my opinion though, movies with weak villains don't deserve top grossing ever. If the fans loved it that much despite its huge flaws, then I guess it's the movie they deserve. 

Deserves got nothing to do with it. That's just your opinion. At some point, you have to start accepting that a huge number of people loved it; you don't get performances like this from purely fan-driven movies.

Nothing you've said is any different than what pissed-off fans yelled about AVATAR back in 2010, or about TITANIC back in 1998. At a slightly lesser level (because they weren't domestic champs), people also bitched about JURASSIC WORLD and AVENGERS and TDK and HARRY POTTER and all the rest, for exactly the same reasons.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Especial as this Tuesday is no longer the first Tuesday after the OW = normal rules should apply.

But with a $149m weekend beforehand? ....

The weekend was affected as well.  Without the bad weather Saturday and Sunday would have been 3m bigger each, at least.

I think Tuesday will be a slight increase and Wednesday could go either way.  I think this weekend will have a much stronger hold than last weekend because of no weather and no previews.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

:wtf:

ignore that troll ;) = IMHO he/she tries to heat up the forum or he/she is feeling unfounded superior, has to show that and rather badly behaving and proves IMHO at such the opposite

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

What's this gap about? Sorry I must have missed something here.

In a nut shell, Tele came up with it, Avatar+32% = 1B domestic. 266.6M+ is the buffer SW7 has before the 1B+ dream dies and at the rate it's going, I don't see how it misses 1B domestic. 

Edited by druv10 Maul
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/profile/31291-sagemode87/

Damn, all those tears about SW results.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

The weekend was affected as well.  Without the bad weather Saturday and Sunday would have been 3m bigger each, at least.

I think Tuesday will be a slight increase and Wednesday could go either way.  I think this weekend will have a much stronger hold than last weekend because of no weather and no previews.

$3m, I know ;)

I am a bit more conservative, New Years Day is traditionally low (late opening cinemas, headachey customers ,...) I'll wait and see

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Well, 28,1% drop, I can dream right?

Puts it just above Jurassic World's 2nd week-end

Back in 2009, Alvin and the Chipmunks managed to hold 28% on NY's week-end. Force Awakens can do it! 

Here's a dose of my positive energy!