baumer

Star Wars TFA Tuesday Actual: 29.5M !!! (-6%)

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I know it's not just you, but I think this joke has been used one too many times for SW.  It's kind of pass ed it's expiration date now.

No point joking about, better to be fully serious.

Star Wars won't make 2.5b WW when people were hoping to make more than Avatar, thus disappointing the crazy few.

4 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

So TFA has the 3rd weekend in the bag... Can it nab the 4th??

I honestly don't see why not.  After the New Year's when everyone goes back to work and school, Star Wars will start shifting to a "weekend" movie so the holds should remain strong.   It's the fifth weekend where it'll probably fall below Avatar. 

• Like 4

While I was sitting in the Wendys drive thru, I was listening to the R&B station on the radio (yes Jack I still listen to the radio), and the pre-recorded, smooth talking DJ came on and said "to all you Star Wars fans, may the force be with you, jam after jam."

Never heard anything like it. :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, Jim Shorts said:

I honestly don't see why not.  After the New Year's when everyone goes back to work and school, Star Wars will start shifting to a "weekend" movie so the holds should remain strong.   It's the fifth weekend where it'll probably fall below Avatar. 

Although the fourth and fifth weekend records are American Sniper's wide expansion (89M and 64M respectively). Avatar holds the fourth/fifth weekend of wide release records (50/42).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Also I think the IMAX 3d and vip and avx share is declining quite a bit now.

That has an effect on $$$.

I think Sw7 is selling a ton of tickets but is it like 11 bucks a ticket still the avg?

Dunno, we only got an IMAX report this weekend, no 3D or PLF, but the IMAX share went up this weekend (12% -> 13%) and overall was 70M IMAX on Sunday (13%).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Although the fourth and fifth weekend records are American Sniper's wide expansion (89M and 64M respectively). Avatar holds the fourth/fifth weekend of wide release records (50/42).

Yeah hopefully everyone is looking at Avatar's records when talking about 4th and 5th week. If SW makes 89M+ in its 4th week, 1B+ would be a lock.

5 minutes ago, Fake said:

So what are we thinking for the weekend? Over/Under 100m?

I'm hoping for anything over 100, but it'll probably be 99.7 or something obnoxious like that.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2