#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Sting was biggest film of 1974

It came out in 1973 ;) But yeah it likely was, its just the data seems so sketchy beforehand.

I still remember trying to tell someone about 10 years ago Gone with the Wind did not make over 150M in 1940.

22 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Am I the only that thinks a prequel about stealing the Death Star plans is a dumb idea?  It'll be the 4th SW movie with a Death Star.

You're probably not the only one but I think it's gonna be a great. It will be dark, grim and as real as a SW movie can get. Gareth Edwards (the director) has said there will be no force users apart from one respirator user who won't have a very direct role but will loom over largely. I expect this to be perhaps the most emotional and gritty SW movie we ever see.

Edited by VenomXXR

19 minutes ago, Impact said:

Films that previously were the biggest film ever:
Snow White

Gone with the Wind

Ten Commandments (read also that Ben Hur might have been, not 100% sure though)

Sound of Music

Jaws

Star Wars

ET

Titanic

I once read The Sting was even the biggest film ever at one point, further proof that the records are sketchy.

Sci-fi has been dominating this list since the rise of modern SFX, aka 2001 and Star Wars. And it will keep its domination as far as we know.

Edited by vc2002

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

You're probably not the only one but I think it's gonna be a great. It will be dark, grim and as real as a SW movie can get. Gareth Edwards (the director) has said there will be no force users apart from one respirator user who won't have a very direct role but will loom over largely. I expect this to be perhaps the most emotional and gritty SW movie we ever see.

Eh, I just think its lame.  And I'm not a fan of the "Marvelization" of SW, I think that cheapens it.

The storys trending on Facebook. Apparently Disney already announced it happened today but doesn't have an official number.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/01/06/star-wars-passes-avatar-rule-box-office/78355590/

"Walt Disney Studios estimates The Force Awakens passed Avatar's record North American box office of $760.5 million on Wednesday to claim the all-time number one spot on the list.

A Disney release Wednesday trumpeted the landmark achievement, but did not list the new record box office number. The Star Wars film passed the the official $758.2 million mark after Tuesday's tally, right on the cusp."

And lol for as many fans as Avatar supposedly has, a lot seem very happy to see it knocked off using the Live Trending feature and seeing GA posting.

The fanart some are coming up with is pretty glorious.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Ultra Widescreen is making a comeback with H8ful and Rogue One.

Too bad many theatres these days set up their screens and masking to open top or bottom instead of the sides. Can't take advantage of scope or panavision films when the screens are already wall to wall, and the masking comes down from the ceiling, thus making flat movies use all screen real estate and scope and beyond actually appear smaller.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, misterchief81 said:

Too bad many theatres these days set up their screens and masking to open top or bottom instead of the sides. Can't take advantage of scope or panavision films when the screens are already wall to wall, and the masking comes down from the ceiling, thus making flat movies use all screen real estate and scope and beyond actually appear smaller.

Luckily DC has a curved screen that is 32x70, so I will be able to see Rogue One in all its wide screen glory. God bless the Uptown Theater.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

The storys trending on Facebook. Apparently Disney already announced it happened today but doesn't have an official number.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/01/06/star-wars-passes-avatar-rule-box-office/78355590/

"Walt Disney Studios estimates The Force Awakens passed Avatar's record North American box office of $760.5 million on Wednesday to claim the all-time number one spot on the list.

A Disney release Wednesday trumpeted the landmark achievement, but did not list the new record box office number. The Star Wars film passed the the official $758.2 million mark after Tuesday's tally, right on the cusp."

And lol for as many fans as Avatar supposedly has, a lot seem very happy to see it knocked off using the Live Trending feature and seeing GA posting.

The fan are some are coming up with is pretty glorious.

I-gotta-say-it-was-a-good-day-ice-cube_z

• Like 3