WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

I want this movie to top next weekend (even though there is no chance it will) just for it to join "Lost in Space" and "Dear John" as the answer to "Movie which ended the reign of Titanic/Avatar/Force Awakens". Most likely it will be "Ride Along 2" though

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

If what you say is true, then The Wolf of Wall Street's OW should have been at least 2x bigger, had it not been for so much competition. I honestly can't see that.

It opened on a Wednesday, so the Fri-Sun number was muted.

28 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You are single-handedly responsible for that SW OW imo

Yup. Everyone bought it. Even the Trades (DHD, THR, Variety) bought it! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I want this movie to top next weekend (even though there is no chance it will) just for it to join "Lost in Space" and "Dear John" as the answer to "Movie which ended the reign of Titanic/Avatar/Force Awakens". Most likely it will be "Ride Along 2" though

At least the Nut Job had the decency of not look this cheap. 

I'm no Inarritu stan or anything but I can't say it's too surprising that this is opening big. Fox was promoting this everywhere and from the trailers/commercials it looks like a Leo revenge flick, which isn't going to be unappealing until they see it.

50 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How is this not direct to DVD?