WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, Star Wars is sure to be the least polarizing (and the shortest) choice, so there's that.

I explained that to them however I think my brother wants to wait till he finishes the rest of the series (he has 3 left). He's 16 and usually doesn't enjoy movies over the 2 and a half hour mark . However he enjoyed Django so he feels like the run time won't bother him when it comes to Revenant and Hateful Eight.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

I explained that to them however I think my brother wants to wait till he finishes the rest of the series (he has 3 left). He's 16 and usually doesn't enjoy movies over the 2 and a half hour mark . However he enjoyed Django so feels like the run time won't bother him when it comes to Revenant and Hateful Eight.

In that case, HATEFUL EIGHT.

• Like 3

"The Revenant, starring DiCaprio and directed by Alejandro G. Inarritu, is doing huge business for a possible debut of $35m" 

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens is tipped to stay at No. 1 for the weekend with a gross in the $50 million range, but could potentially come in No. 2 on Friday"

"Daddy's Home is expected place No. 3 with an estimated $13 million to $14 million"

"The Forest , opening nationwide this weekend, may place No. 4 with $11 million"

"The Hateful Eight looks to gross $9 million-$10 million"

"The Big Short, the financial dramedy directed by Adam McKay, is expanding its footprint timed to the Golden Globes for an expected $6 million-$7 million weekend"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-revenant-roars-friday-853170?utm_source=twitter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Fri looking like  rev 14.5-16, TFA 11-12

That's Lone Survivor numbers on the low end for Revenant. So 40m OW wouldn't be a surprise. If it's 16 it's pushing 45.

As for TFA, Avatar's SatSun bump and drop was +60%/-26%. Tron: Legacy, the LOTR films, and the Hobbit films all had stronger Saturday bumps, in the 70-80% range, with bigger drops in the 35-40% range. Regardless it looks to be pretty good to get to 40m at a minimum, and possibly as high as 45.

Looks like a tight race for #1 for the weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

1 billion gone

930-950 it is

flop

time to jump off a bridge

11=68% drop from last fri

12=65% drop from last fri

Guys if $1b is off the table now what are we gunning for, s the run over for us now?