WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Fury Road? Wtf? That is in the run for Best Director, not Best Picture.

Well best director is one of the big one still, best movie  is a stretch you re right.

We ll see, this year is fun because there is no blockbuster frontrunner and the race will stay open until the end, only Leo is a lock for the win because his competition is pathetic, best actor is a joke this year.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The Big Short is winning BP, it's pretty much locked.

I don't feel it right now. The Golden Globes should make everything more clear tomorrow. Btw, we will have a pinned thread here, in the main forum, to discuss the event live :) 

• Like 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Like six days ago everyone said Spotlight guaranteed to win... This shit is impossible to keep track of

Nobody is locked. Zero awards were delivered so far. Tomorrow the Golden Globes kick-off the awards season.

Just now, Frozen said:

No. It had about 45 people there. Mostly kids who laughed the whole time. 

i hate when that happens.  It completely ruins any movie with a creepy or scary atmosphere.  That's what happened when I saw It Follows.  I probably would have really liked the movie but the dumbass kids laughing and acting like idiots completely killed it for me.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't feel it right now. The Golden Globes should make everything more clear tomorrow. Btw, we will have a pinned thread here, in the main forum, to discuss the event live :) 

Spotlight missed Editing at both BAFTA and the Editors Guild and Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo have been causing vote splits, there's no way it can win with only 3 nominations. 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The ILM VFX Supervisor discussing the VFX vs. Practical effects in TFA. 2100 of 2500 shots had VFX in them

CYUOkjLUAAA9D9Q.png

They did ride the "real sets, practical effects" line a lot in the marketing for sure.

Have you read my posts & Dash's (where he is by the way, Force Awakens got the best of him probably ...) in the Force Awakens thread, we laughed about this months ago like suuure, practical effects ... 

Of and the prequels have tons of models and practical effects too despite Lucas going a bit too CGI happy in some places.

Same deal with Fury Road.

Edited by The Futurist

Back from the Revenant. Revenge may be a dish best served cold, but did they have to make such a cold movie? I appreciate the breadth of film-making on display, but damn did it lack heart. It's also like Leo's 10th best performance of his career, if even. Hope he wins just cause all the other snubs, but wouldn't be upset if he didn't now either. 

• Like 2